The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Gold

Unbelievable - I have some Limas with blacksmith models etches on my workbench now. Given my slow rate of progress, these will be out before mine. Very very pleased, a routine newspaper service flew through North Bristol with a rake of these from South Wales to Paddington everyday.

Neil 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 minutes ago, Downendian said:

Unbelievable - I have some Limas with blacksmith models etches on my workbench now. Given my slow rate of progress, these will be out before mine. Very very pleased, a routine newspaper service flew through North Bristol with a rake of these from South Wales to Paddington everyday.

Neil 

I bought a Lima one too only yesterday.?.. Back on Ebay...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Great news, particularly as the related diagrams will be available as well.  Will take a BR Blue M39 to repaint in GWR (although it will need modification to add one panel of slatted vents in order to match a specific coach photo in the HMRS text.)   just seen the other M39 release is spot on! I think the O59 will also be tempting (particularly as Accurascale have previously demonstrated their printing is easy to remove so I can get rid of the BR W)

I already have one decent O33 from an etched kit, but it will be nice to retire my remaining Lima pair (one may stay given its underframe was rebuilt) and replace with different diagrams.  

edit: I should have added, please please please sell the bogies as spares.  Would be so useful for kit building...

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Amazed that even though these look well into development they are still over a year away which I guess demonstrates the current uncertainty across the globe.

Also amazed at the under frame too! Will be ordering another good looking product from accurascale.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

Give it time, Paul. I wouldn't rule out an Enparts van just yet ;) 

Your archive makes these projects possible as always, many thanks!

3 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Amazed that even though these look well into development they are still over a year away which I guess demonstrates the current uncertainty across the globe.

Also amazed at the under frame too! Will be ordering another good looking product from accurascale.

As below it's been 2 years in development to date. Q1 2023 is just over 12 months away, so not too bad? But you are right, with the way of the world at the moment we want to be cautious and not disappoint people. 

2 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Please sir after two years of keeping my mouth firmly shut can I now please talk about it? ;)   The depth of research that has gone into this project has been amazing and in addition to the early work by  the team in Ireland Paul isles needs a mention for bringing in an even greater depth of research into such matters as the brakes (with ever more esoteric detail questions) to what was already going to be a stonking good model before he arrived at Accurascale.

Great to see it announced and introduced to the wider world.

Thanks Mike, your assistance here has been invaluable. Agreed too, re @Islesy, he has really taken this project to a whole new level and thorough doesn't even describe it. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

I need to check but I think the planking on the doors looks wrong it should have a half plank at the hinge end.

How do Dave, thanks for your feedback here - this is one of the issues central to my EP feedback, there is some degree of adjustment needed with planking which will be in place by the arrival of the decoration samples.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1