The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, rovex said:

Lovely model and I shall have to get one, but I see Hornby lose out again

How long do you give them to do something with old tooling they acquired a couple of decades ago?

AFAIK, they've never even bothered to do a repeat run using the existing moulds (if indeed they do still exist).

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, County of Yorkshire said:

This is most excellent news; I will certainly be ordering a couple as GWR/WR modellers will always need some siphons at some stage! 

Regards to ACC2413-2924 in GWR brown, according to the Hugh Longworth book on GWR carriages this was outshopped in April 1940, therefore would it not have been finished with a grey rather than a white roof as the current artwork for this version shows?

It would be much appreciated if this version could be produced with a grey roof as it would save me much time and effort getting the masking tape and Halfords grey bumper spray can out :D

Thanks again.

CoY

Hi @County of Yorkshire,

Many thanks for the feedback.

The Clarke & Slinn book on the Siphons suggests white roof, as does the pic of it in the book, so white is correct?

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There's no deposit but if you select "manual payment" at the check out you wont be charged until they come into stock (or beforehand if you wish)

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran, In that case I will get my order placed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There's no deposit but if you select "manual payment" at the check out you wont be charged until they come into stock (or beforehand if you wish)

Cheers!

Fran 

Great info. I’ve always paid up front, just preordered 6 for later charging, but more to follow I’m sure. Will have to look up my notebooks for prototypical rakes for its size, normally headed by an OC 31 or a CF 37. I seem to recall ex LMS BGs being included sometimes.
Neil 

• Like 3

Having looked more closely at the graphic of the WWII ambulance train ward car I would like to make the following comments.

All the evidence I have, including one colour photograph, is that the lettering on military ambulance trains was in white, not yellow.

The 4 digit train/coach code number was repeated at the ends above the corridor connection. This is just visible on the picture of car 3207.

The roof tank had two filler caps as per the image below.

The diagrams I have of train No 32 confirm the locations of louvers and doors still in use but do not indicate where the windows are on the two types of ward car.  The post war conversions, back to “normal” service, are the only guide here. Apparently the number of windows increased from the original intensions, due to “customer” complaints.

WWII roof small.jpg

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Tony Cane said:

Having looked more closely at the graphic of the WWII ambulance train ward car I would like to make the following comments.

Hello Tony, good to hear from you again, although a little different from when we discussed the SR CET trains at the beginning of the year! I have some extra details and drawings I can share with you, so shall we take this over to direct messaging to discuss further?

Best wishes,

Paul.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

Is the website functioning at present, it isn't letting a man place fleet-strength orders!

No reported issues ;) Hope onto live chat if you are seeing any trouble :)

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

On a serious note, for the ambulance version, do we know which green was used? (UK and US army greens are well defined but depends on which year of WW2)

Yep, that was fun rabbit hole to disappear down @JSpencer! Everything I have read points to BS381 224 Deep Bronze Green being used for main body parts during the 1943 period of operations, which is when these vehicles were prepared. It gets quite involved, and changes during 1945 and into the Korean War, but the US Army Directives would tend to support the use of this colour...

Best wishes,

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1