BRM February 2022 + WOR TV

Howard Smith

• Moderators

Just two sleeps to Christmas day – exciting, right? As Debbie, Andy, Phil, and our designer Ruth, wake up to check their Christmas stockings and see what the big man has delivered, we have a new issue of BRM to present you with, and subscriber and digital edition copies get access to World of Railways TV, too.

So, if you can't find entertainment to suit this festive season, and you'd like something more tailored to your interests, why not download a copy of the February 2022 issue of BRM, on-sale from tomorrow at www.pocketmags.com/BRM. Alternatively, if you like the feel of a printed copy in your hand, why not pick up a copy from stockists from December 31.

Inside this issue:

*Includes World of Railways TV

Layouts: 'Shenston Road' (EM) – memories of the early 1970s BR Western Region railway live on through this exceptional model.

Feb2022Shenston_Road_layout_11.jpg

'Camel Quay' (OO) – useful advice on purchasing a second-hand layout, through experience by this layout owner.

FEB2022Camel_Quay_30.jpg

'Little Burford' (O) – made with great enthusiasm for a client, this was a new scale for its professional layout builder.

LittleBurfordFEB2022 18.jpg

Practical BRM this month includes a guide to modelling a forest...

shot 3.jpg

Weathering Heljan's OO9 gauge 'Lyn' locomotive...

Lyn11.JPG

Ballasting for beginners...

7.JPG

Adapting a laser-cut kit...

Build a shop Feb 22 - LAST IF SPACE.jpg

How to build a white-metal chaldron wagon...

Building a Chaldron Wagon March 2022 LEAD IMAGE.jpg

Plus an introduction to the new BRM project layout...

Main image.jpg

Don't miss our selection of inspirational modelling, plus reviews of Dapol's 'Prarie' (OO)...

Dapol_prairie_5.jpg

Heljan's Class 47 (O)...

Heljan O Gauge 47 03.jpg

IRM's Tara Mines wagons (OO)...

Tara Mines 1.jpg

Plus new books reviewed and much more!

The February 2022 issue of BRM, on-sale digitally at www.pocketmags.com/BRM, with printed copies available from stockists on December 31.

As always, we hope you enjoy the read and watch this Christmas, and best wishes from us all at BRM and World of Railways.

H

• Like 2

• Moderators

What do I get? More work for a start with another loco for review landing at RMweb Towers. This year's 'Weirdest Christmas Card' award goes to @Phil Parker for Karl Marx - although the work-related sticker on the envelope was very apt.

IMG_20211224_191710.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

What do I get? More work for a start with another loco for review landing at RMweb Towers. This year's 'Weirdest Christmas Card' award goes to @Phil Parker for Karl Marx - although the work-related sticker on the envelope was very apt.

IMG_20211224_191710.jpg

It would be even better if you hadn't lost his traditional Santa hat.

• Funny 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

It would be even better if you hadn't lost his traditional Santa hat

Yeah, that's just what you look to see if it's missing when you open a Karl Marx card.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

The BRM wardrobe department has never been very good at providing the correct sizes...

Do you have a new job lined up? The wardrobe department may be a little unhappy with you!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Excellent issue guys.  Shenston Road was a superb spread to read and mull over - the pics were amazing.  Seen this on the EM gauge website and we are all in for another treat when the mag covers the Steelwork side of the layout next.  It’s the type of layout that could only be built by an ex rail driver and it has loads of operational authenticity as a result.  The layout brilliantly captures the Midlands during the era.  I went to school on City Road and remember the smell of the brewery and also a disused trackbed that ran adjacent to the park.  I also remember Lynton Square Shopping Center that the author mentions - thanks for conjuring up the great memories.  What a treat to loll about on the holidays and read this issue.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone can help me I subscribe to Brm magazine and the latest issue hasn't turned up. I know we have had a few bank holidays recently but I did notice it my local supermarket. 

Any ideas who I need to contact to see if I can chase it up.

Many thanks in advance 

Dan

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Dangg said:

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone can help me I subscribe to Brm magazine and the latest issue hasn't turned up. I know we have had a few bank holidays recently but I did notice it my local supermarket. 

Any ideas who I need to contact to see if I can chase it up.

Many thanks in advance 

Dan

My subs copy only arrived today so I would give it a couple of days before contacting the subs people. The phone number is normally on the contents page.

Edited by Chris116
Hit send before I finished my reply.
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chris116 said:

My subs copy only arrived today so I would give it a couple of days before contacting the subs people.

Cheers Chris will wait till the end of the week 

Dan

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Have to agree with @AY Mod‘s comment on Shenston Road on page 26 of the print edition - a truly stunning layout very well presented.  Although my own spotting days in the Birmingham - Wolverhampton area (and other places around the Midlands) came a decade later, this still brings back many memories: the Class 47 picture on page 23 was one of those that stopped me in my tracks (no pun intended).  Another cracking edition: well done to all.

• Like 1