Mk 3 formations WCML early 00's

hammy

Morning folks, bit of back ground for you. I'm in the planning stages of building Tamworth station on the WCML in the earlier 00's between 2000 & 2005 just when the pendos were introduced, but after much YouTube research there are plenty of push pull and hst sets and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what these formations consisted off so I can make some realistic sets

Edited by hammy
Missing info

• RMweb Premium

You'll find some of the Virgin Cross country (XC) sets listed here:

http://www.1s76.com/1S76 2000.htm

(and other pages for earlier & later years).

The standard Virgin XC formation around your time were Mk2f - RLF TSO TSO TSO TSO TSO BSO; All types have been produced by Bachmann/Farish.

Voyagers started operating in 2001 with a corresponding drop in loco hauled trains.

Virgin's Mk3 WCML formations were usually: DVT FO FO FO RFM TSO TSO TSO TSO TSO (all Mk3)

In late BR/Early Privatisation, you could also find mixed Mk2/Mk3 rakes: 5 x Mk2 TSOs, a Mk 3 RFM vehicle, and 3x Mk 2 FOs and then Mk3 DVT.

Steven B

• Informative/Useful 1

• hammy changed the title to Mk 3 formations WCML early 00's

Mk3 sets could be either DVT, 2x FO, 1 RFM, 5 TSO, loco or DVT 3x FO, 1 x RFM, 5 xTSO. For added interest, additional vehicles which were being moved between depots were added 'locked out of use' between loco and stock.

Virgin West Coast HSTs 2 x FO, 1 x RFM, 4 x TSO, 1 x TGS. There were 3 Virgin West Coast HSTs, set numbers VW40, VW41, VW42. The spare kitchen car 40619 (usually kept at Longsight) retained Intercity livery so would add variety to a full Virgin rake.

Oxley Push Pull sets consisted of DVT, Mk2 FO (2or 3) Mk3 RFM, Mk2 SO x 5.

Cheers

Simon

• Informative/Useful 1