railfreight construction and general sector

adds-trains

The only Construction ones that spring to mind would be the Queen Mary brake vans used on Channel Tunnel construction traffic.

Railfreight General found  on a few odds

SPA transferred to civils use https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/spaconvertdept/e212ade90

The VGA, VCA and Palvan from the exhibition train http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackwatch55013/5511833675

I think there was an OCA as well but not sure.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The Railfreight Design Guide - issued to introduce the new symbols - doesn't include any illustrations of the general, or 'parent' (as it calls it) symbol on any items of rolling stock - it was intended for use on assets used by more than one sector (but it did appear on some T-shirts).

Construction sector dealt largely with PO wagons and I never saw the symbol on any of them but somebody somewhere might have put one on something.

• Informative/Useful 3

5 hours ago, porkie said:

Not exactly a wagon. But I've seen a container used on the binliner set to forders Sidings. With the construction sector logo applied.

47016 Kempston

2 birds one stone then; I think some of the FIA twin container flats gained small RfD logos on the sides, just add that container :)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 31/12/2021 at 10:09, Simon Bendall said:

The only Construction ones that spring to mind would be the Queen Mary brake vans used on Channel Tunnel construction traffic.

Found this photo in another thread for reference. Apparently they were need as some of the Channel Tunnel construction trains required propelling, so they were used for that. 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2022 at 20:15, Satan's Goldfish said:

2 birds one stone then; I think some of the FIA twin container flats gained small RfD logos on the sides, just add that container :)

Were those containers not 'guards vans' for these trains?