Easybuild MK1 Coach build

Hi all.  So I was fortunate enough for Santa to bring me my first Easybuild MK1 coach kit and I’ve been reviewing the kits, the instructions and also viewed the cd with pics on that accompanied the kit.  I’m no expert but I can put a kit together but this coach kit has left me feeling uncertain as to how to start. I’m not a fan of instructions that assume you know the name of every part of the kit without corresponding pictures of the parts.  Also, having to trim bits to make bits fit seems unnecessary.  The roof/coach ends profile do not match and the Easybuild site even shows this on their built examples.   Do I paint sides / roof before I put together? Anyone with any hints, tips, advice would be welcome. I’m surprised that the internet seems not to have any videos showing these kits being completed 

simon 

Hi Simon, 

I start with prepping sides, ends and roof in turn. Depending on livery (masking issues) add door bangs and hinges. Sand everything with a fine 1200 grit. The side/end/roof joins will need some gentle fettling but remember filler and sanding back is always an option if you go too far. 

Masking and painting is an straightforward process with these. 

I always build with the sides, ends and roof welded up with partions in place and then the floor bolted on which holds interior seating sections in place. 

Cheers 

Stu 

• Thanks 1