Rails Website. Can’t view preorders anymore

NIRCLASS80

I contacted Rails before Christmas after not being able to see or change my contact details.  I had a conversation with a very pleasant lady who admitted said they had their new website didn't allow that but that internally they had much better systems for stock control and processing orders.  Fine , but I think being able to change my contact details would be a basic part of any business' website.

Peterfg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Steven B said:

How old are your pre-orders?

Pre-orders made on the old website didn't get transferred to the new one. They still exist in RoS HQ though.

Steven B.

What happens when you can't remember where or even whether you have any pre-orders with certain sellers?

22 minutes ago, peterfgf said:

I contacted Rails before Christmas after not being able to see or change my contact details.  I had a conversation with a very pleasant lady who admitted said they had their new website didn't allow that but that internally they had much better systems for stock control and processing orders.  Fine , but I think being able to change my contact details would be a basic part of any business' website.

Peterfg

Also the ability to see past orders and items still on preorder as well as changing contact details.

Rails are not unusual in that respect as "revamped" websites often seem to suffer, as if the designers think the absolute minimum detail is the best.

Personally the more info the better.

As an example, all my orders on Amazon, the first of which was in 2007 are still viewable, same with ebay.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Everyone should be able to see there pre-orders on the new website.

Please contact us if not and we will take a look and deal with any issues.

We are constantly aiming to improve the website and pre-order experience and hope to publish a range of improvements soon. 

Kind Regards Chris

Ecommerce

Rails of Sheffield

• Like 1

Chris

Can I add myself to the list of people that has run into this problem too.

I have been charged for a pre-order which apparently went to an address which was correct when I made the pre-order but is no longer current.  It has come back to you but you think I should pay a second postage cost to reissue it.  

I did attempt to view my pre-orders both before and over the Christmas period but couldn't do either this or change my account details.  I do not think it is in the least bit reasonable to pay for an issue that flows from a failing of your system to migrate data from the old version!

• Agree 1

On 11/01/2022 at 18:01, Portchullin Tatty said:

Chris

Can I add myself to the list of people that has run into this problem too.

I have been charged for a pre-order which apparently went to an address which was correct when I made the pre-order but is no longer current.  It has come back to you but you think I should pay a second postage cost to reissue it.  

I did attempt to view my pre-orders both before and over the Christmas period but couldn't do either this or change my account details.  I do not think it is in the least bit reasonable to pay for an issue that flows from a failing of your system to migrate data from the old version!

Hi Mark,

Msg me with your email address and I will take a look at your pre-orders and try and see what's wrong. There's no migration issues that I know off, just a very rare bug that stops a hand full of people from viewing their pre-orders.

Kind Regards Chris

Ecommerce

Rails of Sheffield

• 1 month later...
On 15/01/2022 at 05:01, cmtrain said:

Hi Mark,

Msg me with your email address and I will take a look at your pre-orders and try and see what's wrong. There's no migration issues that I know off, just a very rare bug that stops a hand full of people from viewing their pre-orders.

Kind Regards Chris

Ecommerce

Rails of Sheffield

Hi Chris,

I have a query about the new website.

I have bought hundreds maybe thousands of pounds worth of engines off you in years gone by but the new website does not mention VAT  for me, living as I do in New Zealand, I am not liable for this cost.

Just yesterday I tried to buy a new V2 and received an Email including postage to NZ, fine, but I was required to pay the full amount including about 40 Pounds VAT.

This happened a couple of months ago and I simply gave up.

Can you explain why the website ignores VAT for customers outside the UK/EU?

Cheers, Robbie. 

18 hours ago, robmcg said:

Hi Chris,

I have a query about the new website.

I have bought hundreds maybe thousands of pounds worth of engines off you in years gone by but the new website does not mention VAT  for me, living as I do in New Zealand, I am not liable for this cost.

Just yesterday I tried to buy a new V2 and received an Email including postage to NZ, fine, but I was required to pay the full amount including about 40 Pounds VAT.

This happened a couple of months ago and I simply gave up.

Cheers, Robbie. 

I do have notifications turned on :) but it may take me a bit of time to respond sometimes.

Hi Robbie,

*EDIT*  I did mention a bug here but I misunderstood and that bug is only applicable for phone orders

Ill explain what is happening below

Kind Regards Chris

Ecommerce 

Rails of Sheffield

Edited by cmtrain

19 hours ago, robmcg said:

Hi Chris,

Cheers, Robbie. 

It does not, the price being displayed in NZ does not include UK tax

image.png.bb67d9c084f58235c45364464cb9d5ce.pngimage.png.ad8b62086c0a22a245e0669a4acaf089.png

First image is from UK, second is from New Zealand.

Where it is saying Tax included it is correct as no more tax is added to price at checkout, we will look in to changing wording or maybe it would be less confusing if we removed the tax included form non UK visitors.

Does that explain your issue Robbie? 

Regards Chris

Ecommerce 

Rails of Sheffield

Edited by cmtrain

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I just logged onto the Rails site and updated my Titfield Thunderbolt order (price increase!) but my pre-order for the original BR Class 37 from Accurascale has disappeared, getting worried now.

I purposely wanted the Rails edition 37......