Hornby 2022 - Coaching stock

AY Mod

• AY Mod pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

I knew buying a kit would cause this. I accept cash "thank you" payments :D

I can crack on with my GWR dining car kits now. All a plot between Mr Kohler and my wife to stop me buying Great Western coaches and trains now I have given up work. 

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Nice to see the Mk2 RLO. It's a shame they haven't tooled the RLO with the windows removed, but at least they've chosen examples that can use their existing SO tooling (windows painted over).

Hopefully they'll get round to producing the NX Swoosh, Visit Scotland and First Group RLOs in the future.

Just need them to tool a mk2 RFB and BUO now.

Edited by scottrains29
  • Like 2

Nice to see the LNER Coronation set.  I will have to sell my near completed Mailcoach kit/set. Or I could use it for a west Riding set or spare.

Nothing else really.  The Titfield set and a steam generator fitted BR Flying Scotsman could tempt me. 

Can not comment on modern offerings.

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Jack P said:

Excited to see the Coronation set!

The first glimpse I had of it was as a 13-year-old in the 1979 Hornby book of trains and I’ve coveted it ever since.If they are to the standard of the Coronation Scot coaches we are in for a treat.Many thanks Hornby!

Edited by guarded
  • Agree 1

Delighted to see Hornby follow up the LMS Coronation Scot with its LNER opposite number. Dared hope it would be on the cards when the observation car was revealed in Margate last year, but figured the usual trainset curve clearances / pack cost obstacles could kibosh it.

Will be very interested to see what sort of coupling/articulation mechanism they’ll go for (similar to APT but without need for tilt?) Hopefully the silver ‘CORONATION’ lettering and numbering will be raised moulded detail rather than the printed numerals used on the previously released ‘Coronation’ A4s which really lets those models down IMHO.

Also Hornby, please factor in easy dismantling of the observation car – if ever there was a model that cried out for a full complement of 1930s-atired passenger figures, this is it. No brittle plastic tabs please…

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I always thought the Coronation train would be a good choice given that Hornby has a nice A4. Hornby should have had the confidence to offer it as a complete train.  The advantage to the retailer is that they have to stock only one product and for Hornby they produce just the one item, avoiding the possibility of under/over supply  if offering the coaches in separate packs.

• Round of applause 1

A little sad to not see the Coronation Scot coaches appear in BR Maroon, the Coronation set looks lovely but is too era-specific for me, and post war there were doors added which will make BR-era models difficult.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Agree 1

Really good to see a range of retooled slam-door Mark 3 coaches for the HST. One rake of each to match with the new HST power car packs.... plus the obligatory rake in LNER ex-VTEC livery. It did make me smile - as well as collecting the yearly Hornby wagon and Hornby roadshow wagon, I'm thinking of starting a collection of the yearly Mark 3 rake in LNER livery....!

But please, Hornby, make sure that the QC is good on them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4