Hornby Class 31 Cab Problem

nathan70000

Hello,

I have one of the newer releases of this loco (R3661, technically it's a Brush Type 2 or a Class 30!) and I took it apart to pop a loose window back in.

Unfortunately the "front" end cab closest to the fan came apart when I removed the body, so I glued it back together exactly how it was and how the other end cab was assembled. However when I came to reattach the body the cab clearly didn't fit properly and the bulkhead is pushed to lean forward. This of course looks very wrong and I've tried numerous times to fix it to no avail.

Is there a secret to putting these back together??

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

No there is no sercret about te problems that you are having. If the model you describe is the model I think it is from a early batch of Hornby locos that have Mazak problem. It is one of the super detailed models with open doors and a working fan.

Please follow this link about the problem.

I hope that is a help to you.

Terry.

It's a more recent model that to my knowledge isn't effected by Mazak rot. The part that appears to be the problem is the cab rear bulkhead which is a separate component.

I've managed to glue it to the cab floor so it doesn't lean in to the cab too much but it still doesn't look 100% right. Everytime I reattach the body to the chassis it pushes the cab bulkhead forward.