Doncaster Exhibition 2022

Boycie1946

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Boycie1946 said:

Im planning on attending the 2022 exhibition and travelling by train to Doncaster.  In the past the free shuttle bus has left from the station, is this the same for 2022?

I believe so - https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/the-festival-of-british-railway-modelling-getting-there

• Administrators

I am pleased to confirm that The Festival of British Railway Modelling at Doncaster Racecourse will go ahead as planned. The show will be on February 12 & 13, 2022.

Doncaster2022-Final-2.jpg

To PRE-BOOK tickets, click here - you save money and get entry 30-minutes before the general public.

For more information, click here.

To see our list of 28 layouts hand-picked by the BRM team, click here.

And click here to see which exhibitors will be attending.

The show is open from 10am (9.30am if you pre-book) to 5pm on Saturday & 10am (9.30am if you pre-book) to 4.30pm on Sunday.

REMEMBER: BRM subscribers who pre-book save £2 on the price of a pre-booked adult entry.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Steve

Is the list of Traders that are shown in the drop down menu correct, as I`ve compared it with those who have been allocated a stand number on the Trade Floor Plan and there appears to be a few differences?

These Traders are shown on the drop down menu, but haven’t been allocated a stand number on the floor plan, although there are 6 stands that have are yet to be allocated.

Cheltenham Model Centre, JS Models, Latem Design, North Road Trains, WM Collectables, 247 Developments and Powerbond Adhesives.

These Traders have been allocated a stand number on the floor plan, but not listed on the drop down menu as attending.

Modellers Mecca, World War Scenics, The Hertford Model Centre, Videoscence, The Junction Box, Replica Railways, DEMU.

I appreciate that in the current climate things do change, but it will be useful to know from the above 2 lists which Traders will be attending and those who have now declined.

Please may I ask for clarity about vaccine passports?

Will these still be required for visiting? I realise that the state rules may have been lifted by the time of the show, but I believe that the organisers are still able to require them if they wish to do so.

Pete

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, bourneagain said:

Steve

Is the list of Traders that are shown in the drop down menu correct, as I`ve compared it with those who have been allocated a stand number on the Trade Floor Plan and there appears to be a few differences?

These Traders are shown on the drop down menu, but haven’t been allocated a stand number on the floor plan, although there are 6 stands that have are yet to be allocated.

Cheltenham Model Centre, JS Models, Latem Design, North Road Trains, WM Collectables, 247 Developments and Powerbond Adhesives.

These Traders have been allocated a stand number on the floor plan, but not listed on the drop down menu as attending.

Modellers Mecca, World War Scenics, The Hertford Model Centre, Videoscence, The Junction Box, Replica Railways, DEMU.

I appreciate that in the current climate things do change, but it will be useful to know from the above 2 lists which Traders will be attending and those who have now declined.

@bourneagain I've queried the above with the organisers, as the stand size shown on the plan (I presume you're referring to the one on warners-shows.co.uk?) didn't tally with the size I had booked. They've confirmed that that floorplan is completely wrong (an early draft for the 2021 show that never happened) and will get the correct one up when they can.

I don't know which 'drop-down' list of traders you're referring to, but presumably this list is correct as it's dated 2022, and I'm on it (and this is my first Doncaster show so I definitely wouldn't be on any old lists).

Jonathan

JSModels

• Administrators

Hi all,

We have updated our Covid guidelines below. Whilst wearing face coverings in enclosed spaces is now down to personal preference, we encourage visitors to continue wearing masks for the safety of other visitors, exhibitors and yourselves. The below statement is repeated on our website: https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/the-festival-of-british-railway-modelling-general-information

As from 27th January, facemasks are no longer mandatory. Government guidelines recommend wearing face coverings in enclosed spaces and whilst this is down to personal preference, we encourage members of the public to please continue to wear masks for the safety of both visitors, exhibitors and yourselves. There will be posters around the hall reminding visitors of this recommendation.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• AY Mod pinned this topic
  • RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

thats odd as he is on the trade plan sent out over night

I spoke to him a week or so back, and he confirmed not attending.

To reduce the number of hares that may be set running, Brian’s fine, the company’s fine. I get the impression it’s primarily due to volume of existing workload, meaning the time required to do a show, isn’t currently practical.

• Like 2

On 04/02/2022 at 17:25, PMP said:

I spoke to him a week or so back, and he confirmed not attending.

To reduce the number of hares that may be set running, Brian’s fine, the company’s fine. I get the impression it’s primarily due to volume of existing workload, meaning the time required to do a show, isn’t currently practical.

That's correct , when I spoke to him earlier this week he told me he's currently flat out with all the nameplates for Bachmann among others and will continue to be the case for the foreseeable future

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, russ p said:

Is the offer of a free ticket for gold members still on?

Is that an Austin Powers' reference?

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, russ p said:

Is the offer of a free ticket for gold members still on?

Yes but if you've not applied it's too late for Doncaster - deadline was Fri 4th Feb. Just read in the Gold Lounge. 

Does anyone know how to get the £10 subscriber tickets? I've seen it says enter your "Subscriber No:" with the prefix D22 (and no leading 0's) but all I can find is my "Order No" and my "Account Code", but no "Subscriber No:" am I looking in the wrong place? 

Thanks 

• Informative/Useful 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, richard brown said:

Is there anyone I can contact to see if I can film for my YouTube channel at the show. I always like to ask rather than just showing up

thank you 

richard

Hi Richard. Thanks for asking. The answer is 'yes', no problem at all. Enjoy the show.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Ralf said:

Yes but if you've not applied it's too late for Doncaster - deadline was Fri 4th Feb. Just read in the Gold Lounge. 

Does anyone know how to get the £10 subscriber tickets? I've seen it says enter your "Subscriber No:" with the prefix D22 (and no leading 0's) but all I can find is my "Order No" and my "Account Code", but no "Subscriber No:" am I looking in the wrong place? 

Thanks 

Good morning,

WOR Plus/ RMweb Gold members receive 1 free ticket to one of our 3 shows, not a discounted ticket. Paper subscribers receive the discounted show tickets. If you would like to claim your free ticket for Doncaster please email BRM@warnersgroup.co.uk as soon as possible today.

• Thanks 1