MAJ Models K41 Full Brake kit

Just completed and probably half-a-century old, a £15 purchase a year or so back that had been nagging to be concluded. The self adhesive sides had held up pretty well except for just a little shrinkage on one. The roof was hopelessly warped however and hot water wouldn't shift it an inch. Superglue has held it flat however. I added etched door handles and grabrails to lift the extremely flush sides and the lettering and branding is by [the excellent] Railtech. The whole unit is extremely free running.

Why bother at all?  Well, only because I didn't have a Collet PBV and didn't fancy attempting a brass one. I also rather like 'heritage' modelling.....

51820467444_78f72be6eb_c.jpg

Tony

Edited by Prometheus
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, Prometheus said:

Just completed and probably half-a-century old, a £15 purchase a year or so back that had been nagging to be concluded. The self adhesive sides had held up pretty well except for just a little shrinkage on one. The roof was hopelessly warped however and hot water wouldn't shift it an inch. Superglue has held it flat however. I added etched door handles and grabrails to lift the extremely flush sides and the lettering and branding is by [the excellent] Railtech. The whole unit is extremely free running.

Why bother at all?  Well, only because I didn't have a Collet PBV and didn't fancy attempting a brass one. I also rather like 'heritage' modelling.....

51820467444_78f72be6eb_c.jpg

Tony

I love heritage modelling too! 

• Agree 1

On 18/01/2022 at 00:52, Paul H Vigor said:

I love heritage modelling too! 

Me too. I've got numerous wagon and coach kits to build from when I was fifteen. Some 35 years ago now! 

I'm working my way through them but have had to build a layout to prod myself into actually doing it.

• Round of applause 1

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Me too. I've got numerous wagon and coach kits to build from when I was fifteen. Some 35 years ago now! 

I'm working my way through them but have had to build a layout to prod myself into actually doing it.

Just build them for the pleasure of it. Don’t worry about the layout!

Tony

• Funny 1