Adding cars to a car transporter

TTDB

I’ve got a couple of the SBB Roco Goth car transport wagons and wanted to add some cars to them, I’ve not been modelling HO for a few years and had shock when an eBay search came up with an average price of £7-£12 however a deeper search found some AWM  SEAT  Toledos for £1.65 each so purchased a few and some other SEATs  to add 16 to my two wagons, 

I don’t want to loosely place then on obviously so has anyone any recommendations? I have done some about 15 years ago by simply a blob of glue at the bottom of the tyre but they did keep coming off, I don’t know if flattening the bottom of the true a tad may help of a small plasticard square like you  use on figures , any one experience please? 

It partly depends from what angle(s) you'll be viewing; if you can't see the 'daylight' beneath the cars, you could use a small blob of Blu-Tak to retain each car on the deck, it would be a shame to deliberately damage the cars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 298 said:

On layouts (unless the vehicle has lights) I use a small round neodymium magnet superglued to the engine block/front axle area with a corresponding magnet in the road.

As he's loading car transporter wagons, though, doesn't this rely on the decks being metal/ magnetic? 

I take a tracing of the deck, then mark where the cars are to be located. I then put the tracing back on the deck and drill two small holes where each car is to be located. I now drill two holes under the car and make metal or plastic pins which are then inserted under the car. If you have been careful with your measurements the cars will now line up as you insert them on the deck held in place with a small blob of Evo stick. I Use Evo stick  so that cars can be removed if needed.

Craig.