The Glendale line

Jonty

hello,

The History

after posting a topic before hand in the layout section that never really took off ( i never even went in the garage again after i had taken the photos!) i have re-kindled the flame and have recently built myself some 8ft x 4ft boards out of 12mm MDF and 2x1 framework with a hole in the middle so that the trains can seemingly 'go somewhere'.

The line

The line is planned with 1 main outer ring, this will be peco code 100 with electrofrog pointwork. The line only has one main station called Langforton. Langforton is the interchange between the branch and the 'Glendale line' which runs a shuttle service (operated by a class 121) between the big town of Langforton and Glendale, where the servic terminates. I plan to lay the smaller glendale line with Peco code 75.

i know that may have been boring for you to read, and you may not be interested yet, but i have never really done a 'proper' layout before, so i will be learning about the electrics and scenery etc. I only have 3 locos, a Bachmann GWR pannier, a Bachmann class 25 and a Hornby class 121. Control is provided by my trusty (so far) gaugemaster series E.

I will take some pictures of my plan and the boards i have manage to build,

thanks,

Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

Archived