The redscar and whites railway

Ever since i visited the ravenglass and eskdale railway i have loved the sights and sonds of 15 inch gauge Narrow and minimum gauge raiwlays i have embarked on a project spurrned on by colin peakes shifting sands to create my own this is my first project that i have started with the imuutus on Quality over time. below is the link to my layout blog that is charting progress the highs and lows of being a novice layout builder. it is hoped it will attend the L&Y DCC show in october If its ready

THe blog

Right coaching stockwise i am planning to have 3 rakes avalon line closed coaches then a rake of mixed ones so closed semis and then a selection of ravenglass 16 seaters im looking at rakes of between 3 and 5 coaches long.

the main problem i have found is the avalon bogies dont keep the wheelsets in properly so i think a look at fitting a tie rod is reqired to pull them in.

Loco wise there pbviously there is ICl 1 i have a lady wakefield howeber im going to start from scratch on that one.

the green diesel is ex colin peake and has run on shifting sands there are thee coaches to go with this that may run as a rake or just be spares.

and there is a 2-6-2 tank engine that is freelance but based very loosly on the alan keef built lydia that now resides at perrygrove (theres 2 more of these in various guises being built)

a scale outline 2-6-0 mougul and a minitrix brittania are allso available these are much modified so as to suit the needs of the layout

Archived