Model Shops in Sheringham; Norfolk

50027Lion

• RMweb Premium

Well our show has been the first Saturday in October for some years,  I don't know if the O gauge, gathering have changed their date or thought it was a different  market and didn't matter... 

5 hours ago, TheQ said:

Well our show has been the first Saturday in October for some years,  I don't know if the O gauge, gathering have changed their date or thought it was a different  market and didn't matter... 

From my infrequent visits to this gathering, it was always later in October. I recall it clashed with the BRM Peterborough show two or three years back.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, paulaspinell said:

Auto loco in Sheringham looked rather sad last time I was there(about 2 years ago)

Even sadder last time I was there (about 2 weeks ago)!   Closed and for sale as an earlier poster stated

• RMweb Premium

Good news... i'm guessing Smiths are moving from their Grantham address.

I shall go for a visit once they're up and running..

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, cobbler said:

Walked past the Sheringham shop this Afternoon, the shop has been cleared and being refurbished, sign in the window says Smiths Model Railways opening soon

Richard

That's good to hear!

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Most updates are to say closures these days so every time I see something like this it cheers me up!

I couldn't agree more - its great to see new businesses starting up here. I wish Smiths Model Railways well!!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/smith-s-model-railways-taking-over-auto-loco-shop-1-6253748

Note these days the EDP doesn't really report things, they got rid of most of the reporters years ago. They sit back in head office and wait for someone to send in advertising blurb. Or for a member of the public to phone in with a report of an incident .often wrong..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, PMP99 said:

Smiths in Sheringham was being fitted out last week when I passed by.   Opens shortly - I think the notice said the 19th.

I might go in, ask for something really obscure and then moan when they don't have it.

Actually, that's not in my nature. I shall pop in and wish them well at least. Knowing me, I'll come home with something I didn't know I needed...

• Like 1

It will be very interesting how he pitches the shop, which was mainly for model boats in later days. With Bure Valley Models at Aylsham, Model Scenic Supplies and Buoys Toys and Models in Cromer all of which are very good model railway shops each targeting different aspects of model railways, he has a hard task with his new shop.

Paul

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

We had a day in Sheringham today and was surprised to find the shop open. Glad it was even though it cost me, I found some coaches that I wanted, used, but ideal.

A good little shop offering friendly service, I wish James all the best for the future.

A good day out which certainly blowed away the cobwebs when walking along the sea front.

Brian.

• Like 4