triang model land buildings

Turin 60

Triang model land buildings we all know they went years ago but I'm sure I remember a few, very few be re-issued perhaps 5 or so years ago? Was this by Dapol, and what became of them. I bought the teashop and used it or parts of it in three buildings on my 009 layout Lower Peak Wharf. IMHO many of them would still cut the mustard today.

John.

Triang model land buildings we all know they went years ago but I'm sure I remember a few, very few be re-issued perhaps 5 or so years ago? Was this by Dapol, and what became of them. I bought the teashop and used it or parts of it in three buildings on my 009 layout Lower Peak Wharf. IMHO many of them would still cut the mustard today.

John.

Some of the Model-Land moulds remained with Tri-ang and later Hornby - items such as the pylons and church are current or recent issues produced by Hornby from Model-Land moulds. I'm nor sure the route by which Dapol ended up using some of the tools, but you're right I think that some of their buildings were former Model-Land items.

Gosh thanks for all that gents, indeed where are they now! I want the garage & the hardware shop!! But not at the prices collectors seem to be prepared to pay, trouble is I look at it as a modeller.

Once again thanks every body.

John.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just thought I'd let you know that I've aquired my "Hardware" shop through a certain well known auction site, it's a bit of a basket case in need of a little/a lot of TLC but I was looking at it from a modelling point of view. So quite happy for £4-00 + P&P.

Regards John.

I think you did well John. Mint and boxed unmade kits are a wee bit pricey these days. Just one example, and not of your hardware store, but this is eye-watering:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIANG-Hornby-10-MODEL-LAND-KIT-HOLLYWOOD-BUNGALOW-NEW-/370383632525?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item563c95b88d#ht_1274wt_911

In other news, really belonging in the model shops section, Sleepers Models, Erdington (Birmingham) used to have this kind of thing swilling around in unloved rummage boxes. When I passed a fortnight ago though, the shop was locked and in a state of disuse, seemingly with the stock still inside. Some cynics would ask how I could tell the difference from when it was open, but I do wonder what will become of the mass of S/H in there if the owner has finally thrown in the towel.

I think you did well John. Mint and boxed unmade kits are a wee bit pricey these days. Just one example, and not of your hardware store, but this is eye-watering:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...d#ht_1274wt_911

Collectors! :blink: One wonders how the description "new" * equates with "appears complete" and "shelf warn box" (sic).

* eBay definition: "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item".

• 1 month later...

Collectors! :blink: One wonders how the description "new" * equates with "appears complete" and "shelf warn box" (sic).

* eBay definition: "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item".

meaning it was wraped and then oppened by original owner but never assembled then sold it in a bin sale whick savy ebay seller buys for 50 p thens is selling it to gulliable buyers like me just paid 35 bucks for a unopened box of lifelike kfc premilenium

Archived