BRM Subscriptions

bigbloke

I was in town today and noticed that August BRM was on the shelves. I am a subscriber and haven't got my copy yet. I thought one of the benefits of subscription was that you got the mag before the shops? A little bit disappointing methinks.

I was in town today and noticed that August BRM was on the shelves. I am a subscriber and haven't got my copy yet. I thought one of the benefits of subscription was that you got the mag before the shops? A little bit disappointing methinks.

Yes. It has certainly been on shop shelves since Wednesday when I noticed it in the local PO/newsagents. Unfortunately it has been on retail sale before subscribers receive theirs quite a bit over recent months. But more mysterious is why has there been no postings here about BRM since 17 May (until yours above) - nothing about the July issue contents, nothing for quite some weeks,....(cue approppriate x-files music).... ;)

G.

I too noticed BRM in the shops a couple of days ago and didn't receive my subscriber copy 'til today, I wasn't alone in this, a couple of guys at the club last night hadn't received their's either. I agree that it is somewhat annoying when this happens. I wonder though if the fault might not be with Warners/BRM but with the good old GPO. Someone who lives in the same PE postal area recently sent me something through the post and it took a week to arrive! You could have walked and delivered it by hand quicker. I've spoken to members of the BRM editorial staff about this in the past and they have assured me that subsciber copies are usually dispatched on time so that they should have arrived before the mag hits the shelfs. Of course, once the item leaves their premises, they no longer have any control over it. I'm not trying to defend Warners here, just offering a possible explanation,

With regards to the ever helpful Mr. Wilson, as well known by now, he has taken over the editorship of Traction where, IMO, he is doing a pretty good job. I understand that his input to BRM is now minimal, which might explain why there have been no posts from him for awhile.

Sorry...really don't get your point. BRM is owned by Warners, not sure how you can seperate the two?

BRM staff edit the stuff but don't control publishing etc, a main dept in Warners do. Model Rail has had the same issue with the parent company controlling how you get it from the shop.

Obviously you can still pass on concerns via the editorial staff though Chris at MR at least has published a direct email for problems with his mag's distribution. Maybe BRM staff can give you the same for theirs?

• RMweb Gold

I took out a subscription on June 14th. Having heard nor received anything I emailed warners this week. 2 days for a reply at which point I was asked to send my address 'so they could check'. Sent those details by return on Tuesday - yet to hear anything.

I took out a subscription on June 14th. Having heard nor received anything I emailed warners this week. 2 days for a reply at which point I was asked to send my address 'so they could check'. Sent those details by return on Tuesday - yet to hear anything.

I'm still awaiting a reply to an e-mail I sent last week Warner's subscription department regarding their non-responsiveness to an airmailed letter I sent them three weeks ago.

Besides Richard Wilson, does anyone else at BRM ever check in to this site?

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I too have filled out a subscription form a couple of weeks ago, apart from not having my choice of book I have heard nothing, have e mailed them but no response yet.

Have E mailed the Editor John Emerson to see if he can shed any light on what is happening in the subs. dept.

Bit disappointed with my subscription to be honest,

This months magazine arrived late, I subscribed on the 27th of September, I received my first magazine but nothing else so about 4 weeks later after a enquiring phone call, I received my book, and was told they had had over 1500 subscriptions and that the BRM show in Peterborough added a weeks delay to receiving my items. I was however told that they had just received a new batch of air brushes and mine would be sent out in the coming week.

My DVD arrived yesterday, and thought I'd ring to see where my airbrush was - I was then told, after already being told it was in stock 2 weeks before hand it was being sent out, that they had now over 3000 subscriptions and were awaiting another new batch of airbrushes from over sea, and thought the wait would be 2-3 weeks.

I was also told the slipcases would be a 6-8 week delay.

A bit disappointing really when your told your gifts will arrive within 28 days of your order, and it still states it in this months magazine, and to add to that your told its being sent out and when you ring to enquire, you've been put back on the waiting list.....

Bit disappointed with my subscription to be honest,

Sorry to hear that others are having trouble too.

Aside from one issue received two months ago, there's been nothing to suggest that Warner's acknowledges I paid them good money for a subscription to BRM.

So, while their editorial staff is excellent, I'm done with BRM. Their circulation and fulfillment departments simply aren't up to the game. It's RM for me, I think.

A very similar story to "Josh993" I am afraid,despite having received an e-mail on the 14th of September confirming my Subscription,When I phoned to ask how long the Airbrush etc was likely to be,I was told my Subscription was entered first week in October,but the airbrushes had arrived and were going out,received DVD and Annual,but still waiting. Apparently they have been overwhelmed!! WOW -- What a surprise.

I regret to say I too am very unhappy with BRM & Warners.

They have been very prompt in taking their money. Obviously their Accounts Department were not overwhelmed.

That FIGURES!!!

Regards,Disgruntled Del.

• 4 weeks later...

I have given up with them. The original advert said "please allow 28 days". After a month I got an email saying they were out of stock of one of my requested items (even though they continue to advertise it on the web site).

After 6 weeks of absolutely nothing I tried phoning but could never get through (all lines were always busy - I wonder why)?

I eventually emailed them telling them I no longer wanted to continue as I did not consider the time lag to be acceptable. A couple of days later I got another email asking me to confirm my address, so once again I emailed them saying I was not pprepared to re-supply it as I did not want to proceed and asking them to confirm this. A couple of days later I got a letter confirming that my subscription would start from ..., a massive 3 MONTHS after my initial purchase. I have since informed my bank to stop any direct debit from them. So I am glad to hear that I am not the only one to experience these problems.

Sorry to use this opportunity to vent my dissatisfaction with them. Good luck.

I have given up with them. The original advert said "please allow 28 days". After a month I got an email saying they were out of stock of one of my requested items (even though they continue to advertise it on the web site).

I must say I have never had a good relationship with BRM from when my layout was first featured in readers layouts, as it took over 2 months to receive the money for this (and I was previously told a month from when it was published)

To add to the above, out of the two things that have annoyed me the most this was one of them as it was still advertised in last months mag, I don't know about this months, but when it eventually arrives I'm sure I'll soon find out.

The other point, as quoted from there website "Receive your magazine before it goes on sale in the shops"

Now I'm sure this is false advertising . . . .

BRM can expect to be receiving a phone call shortly, and if something is not done about it - I think I may do the same as you, as it has gone far past a joke now.

• RMweb Gold

After 6 weeks of absolutely nothing I tried phoning but could never get through (all lines were always busy - I wonder why)?

I eventually emailed them telling them I no longer wanted to continue as I did not consider the time lag to be acceptable. A couple of days later I got another email asking me to confirm my address, so once again I emailed them saying I was not pprepared to re-supply it as I did not want to proceed and asking them to confirm this. A couple of days later I got a letter confirming that my subscription would start from ..., a massive 3 MONTHS after my initial purchase. I have since informed my bank to stop any direct debit from them. So I am glad to hear that I am not the only one to experience these problems.

Sorry to use this opportunity to vent my dissatisfaction with them. Good luck.

What is the problem, are you not getting the magazine you have paid for, or is it the fact that you haven't got your FREE gifts that bugs you.

If it's the former, then by all means complain, if it's the latter, cut them some slack, it's obviously been a more popular offer than they expected, we all live in a materialistic world, if you could have done better, then offer them your services?

I'm another disappointed BRM Subscriber.

I cancelled my subscription in 2009 because of late deliveries and was only tempted back this year by an offer I really could not refuse. However I told the Company that should I still get my copy days after it was available in the shops then that would be it. So far none of my copies this year have arrived before publication date and last month I had to phone for my December copy as my original one had "Gone missing" and the January 2011 issue has still not arrived even though it is available in the shops. Publishers say that Subscribers are the backbone of their Magazines as they obviously have the money up front, but Warners/BRM seem to treat theirs very poorly in my opinion.

Brian

• RMweb Gold

My subscription copy arrived a couple of days after i saw a copy in the local WHS - perfectly understandable in current mail etc circumstances with a lot of the current severely hammered by the weather and in some places letter boxes full to overflowing because postal people haven't been able to get about to empty them (not that we have that sort of problem here). My 8K from the NRM arrived a day late and it came by courier. In some areas - if not nationally - some postal services such as the quicker guaranteed deliveries have been suspended and I know of two businesses where it has had a direct impact on their business.

So this time round delivery delays are explainable - and normally my subscription copy is here at or before the time at which BRM appears in local shops. I didn't go for any of the offers as much on the basis that what seems too good to be true might well not turn out to be so attractive as it at first sounds and I'm still biding my time on promised editorial improvements. But that, I think, has little to do with any current distribution problems for subscription copies where some post has been stuck in the system for well over a week.

What is the problem, are you not getting the magazine you have paid for, or is it the fact that you haven't got your FREE gifts that bugs you.

I got neither. I finally got a letter stating my subscription would start from a specific date 3 MONTHS after purchasing it even though the advert stated 28 days. In this day and age I do not consider that time scale acceptable.

Still not got my subscription copy. If it arrives a couple of days late, that doesn't bother me too much. What does annoy me is that it is advertised as a perk of subscribing that you get your copy before it hits the shops. I think that BRM should advertise the 'home delivery' perk only, as the late delivery issue seems to be a recurring theme on these pages.

As for the free gifts, that's another issue entirely. If BRM are assuring customers that they will receive their free gifts, although late because of the popularity of the offer, then fine, you'll just have to wait!

What would be frustrating is not being able to contact them, but you have got three options, phone, e-mail and letter.

Cut them a bit of slack. BRM is a quality magazine, otherwise why would you subscribe, and if you want your concerns addressing, a letter will often produce positive action, although not an instant solution, which in this day and age seems to be what alot of people demand!

• RMweb Gold

I've had to prompt delivery from them for the last two months and both mags then turned up without the advertised DVDS - this was eventually corrected but I'm now about to email them about the current edition. I've had a number of years of very satisfactory service and this has been a big disappointment

Chris

Archived