BRM Subscriptions

bigbloke

• RMweb Gold

Anyone else still waiting for their airbrush? :huh:

Yep-still waiting for mine having been told twice that it will be sent when they receive further supplies!

On the plus side I have now received everything else ordered including two copies of the Weathering Techniques DVD & two copies of the Lineside Buildings book!

I have considered returning them but think I'll leave it for a while. :rolleyes:

Regards

Bob.

I was told today, they had been negotiating a delivery date with the supplier in Singapore and they had narrowed down a delivery date to the middle of February . . .

I was emailed by BRM today and told that they are expecting the airbrushes to be delivered in the 3rd week of February. It did not say if this was delivery to BRM (most likely) or to those subscribers still waiting.

• 4 weeks later...

I asked at Doncaster at the weekend. Another shipment is on it's way and deliveries should start sometime next month, (march).

March?!!!! I've had December & January quoted from Customer Services & then hear February via this forum..... I emailed John Greenwood (Publisher) & Customer Services again on 06 Feb, I got a reply on 09 Feb from John only, apologising and saying he would look into it and get back to me that afternoon..... Now here we are 12 days down the line and still no response.

This has got to be the worst subscription I've ever entered into and won't be renewing at the end (if I even let it get that far!).

On the subject of magazine delivery dates, the first one that I have received before it went on sale in the shops, was the current March issue - am I in a minority on that one?

• RMweb Gold

I think this offer has parallels with the infamous Hoover air tickets fiasco.

I wonder how many people took out a subscription because it was a mighty fine magazine, and looked at the freebies as a bonus, not many I would guess?

I received the offer with my subscription copy and having long ago got hold of the concept 'there's no such things as a free lunch' - and despite actually having had couple of them over the years - I concluded that a free air-brush was not going to be without its problems. So I and read no further and binned the flyer. Judging by the comments on here the problems seem to have started long before the arrival of the air-brush.

• RMweb Gold

Well I've only been buying it for about 18 months & thought it was quite good & therefore did look on the offers as a bonus.

However, I'm still waiting, like others, for the ******* airbrush! I believe that it is a mighty fine airbrush but I'd love the chance to find out.

As I've never used one that could be an interesting learning curve.

Regards,

Living in hope,

Bob.

Guest eddie reffin

Phoned last week and was told 3rd week of Feb- that should hopefully be this week but ain't hollding my breath!

Is anyone else still waiting on their copy of Practical BRM?

Cheers

Eddie

Well I've only been buying it for about 18 months & thought it was quite good & therefore did look on the offers as a bonus.

However, I'm still waiting, like others, for the ******* airbrush! I believe that it is a mighty fine airbrush but I'd love the chance to find out.

As I've never used one that could be an interesting learning curve.

Regards,

Living in hope,

Bob.

Still awaiting mine as well. No communication from them either, looking at the quality of the mag I suspect I could end up cancelling the whole thing.

Received a letter from the Brand Manager, Warner Group Publications this morning apologising for the airbrush delay; they will not receive any further supplies until the end of next month (March) and will send them out immediately they arrive!

That'll be around six months from the start of my subscription, then! Looks like they completely screwed up on this one......

Guest dilbert

Maybe the next offer will be for 5kgs of patience over a trial 15 month period, subject to extensions... but is this a subject really worth getting that worked up about ?

I had a few years ago an email exchange with BRM about renewing only to be told that as I was not a UK resident (and oh yes, there was an error on our part as well) that the T&Cs proposed didn't apply - well I didn't apply for my renewal either - must have bought a maximum of 2 BRMs in the last six years ...dilbert

Received a letter from the Brand Manager, Warner Group Publications this morning apologising for the airbrush delay; they will not receive any further supplies until the end of next month (March) and will send them out immediately they arrive!

That'll be around six months from the start of my subscription, then! Looks like they completely screwed up on this one......

Yup I finally had a letter this morning. They were a lot more communicative when they wanted payment!

Well, well...... Letter to publisher has produced results - airbrush arrived yesterday courtesy of the same Brand Manager that signed the letters we received on Wednesday quoting the end of March for the receipt of the next batch..... As the compliments slip that arrived with it was personalised (handwritten note) I can't see that this is due to the arrival of that next batch :blink: Might be worth a complaint via the same route for all you other people that are still waiting ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well I've had the letter to say that the airbrushes should be in the country by the end of march this isn't good enough I've been waiting since December now !!

Think I may have to go down the complaint route

just picked up this thread, i signed up in February, on the strength of a controller and tool kit etc. Still waiting for this, phoned them Saturday (very nice to see customer service working on Saturday) and was told that they were out of stock awaiting delivery. i do wonder whether they bother placing the order until they know final numbers and then you have a lead time to deal with.

Still no air brush or letter here. So some people have at least had the courtesy of a letter regarding the delay? Nothing here, I wont be renewing my sub for sure. I just have to find out how to cancel before they take out new direct debits next year, never done it before.

• RMweb Gold

Well the Airbrush has finally arrived yesterday it looks a nice bit of kit it's just a shame the post person left it on the front door step in view to everyone who walked passed !!

Just need to know how to operate it now ?

So if anything stands still to long it will be repainted now ?

Mine arrived yesterday too. Very pleased with it as it is a fantastic deal for the money, now are any other mags offering a compressor for taking annual subscriptions?:D

Hopefully all you other guys will get yours shortly and BRM wont come out of this too badly in the end

Regards

Steve

Yes, I agree it was a fantastic subscription offer (airbrush, binder, books etc), however the offer does not make up for the fact that the magazine arrives by post well after copies have appeared in the shops.

Once the sub has run out I think I will go back to supporting my local newsagent shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Time has told, no airbrush. I will have to contact BRM yet again. No way im I renewing my sub now. Good way of annoying your new customers!

Anyone else still minus airbrush or have you all had yours delivered?

Time has told, no airbrush. I will have to contact BRM yet again. No way im I renewing my sub now. Good way of annoying your new customers!

Anyone else still minus airbrush or have you all had yours delivered?

Got mine a couple of weeks back. Seem to remember that a copy of Practical BRM was meant to be part of the sub, not had one of them yet.

will not be renewing as find the mag poor.

Archived