BRM Subscriptions

bigbloke

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard,

Not sure if you are aware of it but a parallel thread has been running HERE

HI all,

Apologies - I posted on the other thread .

I was (please note the use of was) in the same situation.

No Jaunuary BRM, only some of the Subscription offer items recieved.

However, following my email exchange with the appropriate (note that) powers that be at Warners/BRM I am pleased to say that things have changed.

Not only the January issue has turned up but the Airbrush as part ot the renewal offer.

I recieved the BRM 2011 annual without any delay.

Now I just have to wait and see what happens about the free Slipcase, free Practical BRM Annual, free book and free DVD that were part of the offer.

But - I'm doing well going by some of the comments I've read here and elsewhere.

Thanks

My first subs copy as part of the offer turned up today (see my post on other BRM thread) along with Rail (which as a rule i would have got on Dec 12th) and Hornby mag (which i bought as i was cheesed off without having a mag to read!)

I have the BRM annual and a book but still waiting on the airbrush.

Paul

Hello

Sorry I haven't added any comment so far, but all of your complaints are being noted and our publisher advised.

This whole situation is almost as frustrating to us as it is to you...

Richard

.............and I wondered if I was alone !

First time subscriber to BRM - will be the last as well I'm afraid :(

What's gone awry with the colour repro as well ?

The 'improved' and more expensive mag is, IMHO, nowhere near as good as it used to be/

Sorry !

Hi All

I have been watching this and the other related thread for sometime now, and I too have not received the Jan 2011 subs copy of BRM.

I am not currently an active modeller but I am a long time subscriber to BRM (and more recently a member of this forum) in order to keep in touch with the hobby, so I look at goings on at BRM from a different point of view and I see something sinister with their dealings with subscribers -

I currently pay £8.25 quarterly, but with the October copy I noted there was an offer for me to renew the subscription for something like £12.45 which included free gifts such as BRM Annual, an airbrush, etc. As I already have two adequate airbrushes and I had at the time 2 months of the paid subscription outstanding so decided not to takeup the offer and see what happened. Next month I received the BRM Annual with the November magazine, followed by the December Magazine as usual (early November). Then on the payment date (late November) £8.25 is debited as normal for the next 3 copies, so I have paid for the Jan 2011. From your comments I am not the onlyone, although I was prepared to bee patient then I see Scottish Modeller has got his copy in Edinburgh where the snow is worst so is it really the weather.

So on Sunday evening I decide to look on the BRM website and the current subs offer is something like £9.65 (no airbrush though, but more disturbing on the back issues page of the website is a special offer of the current January 2011 Magazine for £28.00 "if you are a BRM subscriber"!!! This leads me to wonder if I am going to get the January and February 2011 copies which I have paid for???

Is anyone else in this situation or can Richard advise me of the situation?

Cheers

Stuart

I must admit I was also a little taken aback by the quality of the colour which is IMHO far too intense and actually detracts from the subject matter.

.............and I wondered if I was alone !

First time subscriber to BRM - will be the last as well I'm afraid :(

What's gone awry with the colour repro as well ?

The 'improved' and more expensive mag is, IMHO, nowhere near as good as it used to be/

Sorry !

So on Sunday evening I decide to look on the BRM website and the current subs offer is something like £9.65 (no airbrush though, but more disturbing on the back issues page of the website is a special offer of the current January 2011 Magazine for £28.00 "if you are a BRM subscriber"!!! This leads me to wonder if I am going to get the January and February 2011 copies which I have paid for???

Is anyone else in this situation or can Richard advise me of the situation?

Stuart, I can't find the offer you're referring to, but there are certainly still lots of anomalies on the website. Don't worry, your subscription is safe and will carry on renewing itself. I only got my subs copy of BRM yesterday, so there are some still to come through...

Regards

Richard

The situation with the Jan 2011 issue is now way beyond a joke. Despite a phone call and a few days later an email from Warners my copy is still not here on the 21st [the postman has just been]. Warners are very vague about the reason for this. I am now tempted to buy a copy at WHS assuming they have any left and I will almost certainly cancel my subscription and go with Model Rail.

Edward, an unhappy customer!

Stuart, I can't find the offer you're referring to, but there are certainly still lots of anomalies on the website. Don't worry, your subscription is safe and will carry on renewing itself. I only got my subs copy of BRM yesterday, so there are some still to come through...

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard

Looks like I'll have to continue to be patient - "all good things come to those who wait"!

Hope matters soon get sorted.

By the way the page is still on the website, it's a bit misleading!

Cheers

Stuart

I must say I have never had a good relationship with BRM from when my layout was first featured in readers layouts, as it took over 2 months to receive the money for this (and I was previously told a month from when it was published)

This is an interesting contrast with my experience of Bauer Media, publishers of Model Rail. They pay on publication, in fact I have already received notification that payment is being made for my article in the next edition, which is not due out for a couple of days.

To put a defence to BRM, I've attended one of their exhibitions and got paid expenses on the Sunday afternoon. I've attended a Bauer Media exhibition and got paid 3 weeks later, but I expect that they will listen. I've written an article for BRM that was printed and got paid in good time, also the same for Model Rail. Certainly something has not been right with BRM for a while, perhaps I got too used to the Eastern scribe and rebelled against the in-house O gauge layout, but I just get the feeling that they are coming back again.

But.... will all magazines please review their photos (especially front covers) before publishing, I can't find words to describe a prominent photo of a loco front that does not have a coupling hook, but has a gaping hole, it becomes a toy? If you want to be contentious, what about the orange rust colour of the Tetley WD on the front cover, I bet the owner likes it.

• RMweb Gold

Well as many previous posts concerning the poor service relating to new subcriptions not being delivered or various items being out of stock .

I have now experienced this also as I decided to change from another well known modelling magazine to BRM I thought the subcription offer with free books,dvd's and airbrush and also several other free items relating to the BRM magazine was an offer I couldn't turn away and as of today I've only received one free book which is the modelling modern wagons and nothing else at all but they have been quick enough to take the first payment of £12.49 for my subscription

Hi All

Finally got my Jan 2011 copy yesterday and despite the wait the "Tetley" article certainly made the delay almost tolerable.

Hope BRM get their probs sorted and we can get back to enjoying a good mag on time!!

Cheers

Stuart

Oh dear, I finally ran out of patience on Dec. 23rd and bought a copy of the January issue, enjoyed the Tetley's Mills DVD, then the very next day my subscription copy finally arrived. Sod's law or what!

Edward

My fiasco still continues. In spite of contacting them twice to cancel the subscription on Monday a DVD and slip case arrived. Written to them once again and cancelled direct debit they still tried to set up.

Interestingly enough, given they were under the misapprehension that I still had a subscription, I wonder why they did not include a copy of the Annual which was supposed to be part of the deal?

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed John, got a reply via subs saying they messed up and they would still honour the offer even though its finished. Some of the freebies were subject to availablilty apparently and have convieniently ran out. Air brushes have been delayed but will be going out during feb I have been told.

Given all the above comments i am not sure if I have made the right move to join BRM subs but time will tell.....

My fiasco still continues. In spite of contacting them twice to cancel the subscription on Monday a DVD and slip case arrived. Written to them once again and cancelled direct debit they still tried to set up.

Interestingly enough, given they were under the misapprehension that I still had a subscription, I wonder why they did not include a copy of the Annual which was supposed to be part of the deal?

I have been told the annuals will be going out later this year and will the 2012 annual.

Also just maybe give BRM a little benefit of some doubt my Rail mag in Dec was nearly 2 weeks but was posted on time but the pubs allegedly. RM often backlog mail in busy time and only clear it once they have free capacity in their system again, a case of first in last out!!! I would have thought they would have cleared the backlog 1st!

• RMweb Gold

RM often backlog mail in busy time and only clear it once they have free capacity in their system again, a case of first in last out!!! I would have thought they would have cleared the backlog 1st!

Tell that to the 1.5m items still undelivered since before Xmas!

RM will already be getting fined about these and don't care as the cost has been incurred.

They would rather deliver more recent mail and avoid incurring further Late Mail penalty charges.

No - I don't work for them.

Thanks

In my experience when companies start messing with customers and at the same time provide great offers they are usually about to go bust.

Tommy ever the pessimist

However I get the mag too so I hope not.

• RMweb Gold

Yup me, everything else has finally arrived but still no airbrush!

Same here just waiting on the airbrush now but according to some posts on here looks it'll be sent out during next month so I'll hang on and see what happens?

Archived