BRM August Issue

gwrrob

Perhaps the flatness is due to the colour reproduction. the photos in the last couple of issues have a definate Red and Green bias, look at page 78 in this issue (I hope he is not that Flushed, and the greens in some of the layout pix seem rather bright. Is this something to do with the quality of the paper as those mags who appear to use heavier paper (RM & HM) do not seem to suufer whereas MR sometimes does, or is it to do with the printers?

Perhaps the flatness is due to the colour reproduction. the photos in the last couple of issues have a definate Red and Green bias, look at page 78 in this issue (I hope he is not that Flushed, and the greens in some of the layout pix seem rather bright. Is this something to do with the quality of the paper as those mags who appear to use heavier paper (RM & HM) do not seem to suufer whereas MR sometimes does, or is it to do with the printers?

True, but what I was really alluding to was that, IMO there has been nothing that really grabs your attention in the last few issues. This months is, I think, much better. Gilbert Barnatt's article was great, well written with excellent photos, similarly Tony Wright's piece on the O4. There were also useful and interesting articles by Nigel Burkin (airbrushing) and Flavio de Rosa on resin casting. All in all a good issue which, at the end of the day, is what you hope for.

• RMweb Premium

My only slight disappointment was indeed with the reproduction of the greens. I went to a lot of trouble not to make them too bright. :( I had been warned in advance though that the editors are in the hands of the printers, and never know quite how photos are going to be reproduced. All in all though I'm very pleased with the results. It certainly looks much better than when it appeared in another mag six years ago.

Archived