Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

OK, new policy starting with the next lot of photos. Tonight though we are still on the last lot, with a couple more shots of the B1 arriving from Doncaster.

post-98-0-27203700-1492635998_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-27854300-1492636039_thumb.jpg

And now, having taken four and three quarter hours to crawl round a very nice golf course behind four *******, I shall go to bed, muttering.

• Like 19

I've never been to Skegness, but at about 12 degrees I'm not sure I'd want to!

Reminds me of a time I was on a Devon and Cornwall Rover ticket. It was July, but a little unseasonably cool. To tick it off, I went on the St Ives branch, formed of a 2 car DMU. On the way there were about 20 people on the train - coming back to St Erth it was like 200! Not a pleasant experience!

• RMweb Premium

I've never been to Skegness, but at about 12 degrees I'm not sure I'd want to!

Reminds me of a time I was on a Devon and Cornwall Rover ticket. It was July, but a little unseasonably cool. To tick it off, I went on the St Ives branch, formed of a 2 car DMU. On the way there were about 20 people on the train - coming back to St Erth it was like 200! Not a pleasant experience!

You are very fortunate Liam. Even at double the temperature.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Owing to a persistent outbreak of golfing, I'm nearly out of photos. I have a  day off tomorrow though, so if gardening allows, I shall take some more. All we have tonight is another shot of the C12 with its empty stock, now safely installed in number 4 bay. I like this view.

post-98-0-19310400-1492722721_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

The bottom of the barrel has been scraped, and the final picture removed, allowing one last view of the C12 before it moves off to allow the train locomotive to back on.

post-98-0-66090700-1492763640_thumb.jpg

Now I notice the state of both rear lamps. :senile:  More later I hope, though I have a flower bed with no flowers, and even I realise that this is the time of year to do something about that.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear. Perhaps the fireman has been drinking. There'll probably be a red-faced foreman when he gets to his home shed - it might not have been a good idea to photograph it Gilbert!

Had I noticed at the time Liam, I would have done something about it, but my eyes aren't good at present, so I keep missing this sort of thing.

• RMweb Premium

Great pics again Gilbert.  We are indeed fortunate to be able to share this with you - it's so much better than a few pics in the monthlies, and we get to see much much more, including the layout in its environment.  Keep up the good work for us, please.

Regards

Stewart

Today's bad thing, nasty sneaky little white things that kept hiding, so succesfully that on three occasions they could not be found at all. Today's very good thing. Lincoln City FC are National league champions, and back in the Football league where they belong. :sungum: :imsohappy:

Tonight's pictures, GN cab 02 on an Up coal.

attachicon.gif)02 1.JPG

another dodgy lamp, and too much light.

attachicon.gif02 qnd B1.JPG

A curious misaligment in the running rails in the foreground of the second shot which I trust is an unwanted photographic "blip"? Otherwise that B1 is going nowhere (except into the four foot).

Chaz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Whenever the camera sees certain types of loco, it whispers to me, "we must have a close up of that". It is rarely wrong.

post-98-0-32825300-1492936198_thumb.jpg

And then attention turns to the South, as the White Rose is due.

post-98-0-22461700-1492936282_thumb.jpg

60059 Tracery in charge. One of the best A3s, it would seem, as it had the highest lifetime mileage. Is that why it was one of the first to get a double kylchap, when only in works for a casual repair?  I can't find any other instance of the double chimney being fitted other than at a general overhaul.

• Like 16

Today's bad thing, nasty sneaky little white things that kept hiding, so succesfully that on three occasions they could not be found at all. Today's very good thing. Lincoln City FC are National league champions, and back in the Football league where they belong. :sungum: :imsohappy:

Tonight's pictures, GN cab 02 on an Up coal.

attachicon.gif)02 1.JPG

another dodgy lamp, and too much light.

attachicon.gif02 qnd B1.JPG

You mean you've got mice in your house?

No he means golf balls.  :jester:

Ah, gotcha. I'm partial to a bit of golf as well, but not competitive. Somewhere in one of my many cupboards I have some brightly coloured golf balls - orange, yellow and perhaps also pink!

• Like 1