Peterborough North

great northern

Good news about your eye. Hope it all goes well.

This is beginning to get tedious. More heavy rain today, rain all day tomorrow, and heavy snow at the weekend!  Where has spring gone?

Errrrrrrr....it doesn't get here until the 21st March? Unless we listen to the daft MetOffice with their ideas of "Meteorological seasons"? In which case 1st march...but I notice they haven't been bandying that one around this year...I wonder why not? :no:

Unless we listen to the daft MetOffice with their ideas of "Meteorological seasons"? In which case 1st march...but I notice they haven't been bandying that one around this year...I wonder why not? :no:

Oh yes they have; it was repeated several time to my knowledge on 01/03/18.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

Good news about your eye. Hope it all goes well.

Errrrrrrr....it doesn't get here until the 21st March? Unless we listen to the daft MetOffice with their ideas of "Meteorological seasons"? In which case 1st march...but I notice they haven't been bandying that one around this year...I wonder why not? :no:

It won't be here until 1 September, according to our Bureau of Meteorology!

• Like 1

The promised snow has not (yet) arrived, but the 1100 Glasgow has.

attachicon.gif28 2.JPG

Walter will now go off for a rest, and 60070 has backed on, ready for the journey home. It is highly unlikely to be cleaned when it gets there.

attachicon.gif70 on train.JPG

I'm sure either my memory is bad or my eyes are deceiving me (probably both, actually!), but does 60070 look grimier today?

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure either my memory is bad or my eyes are deceiving me (probably both, actually!), but does 60070 look grimier today?

That will just be down to my variable photoshopping I think, with possibly some variable lighting conditions thrown in.

• RMweb Gold

Yes, Gilbert, Tim has done it again! That is so excellent in every way, just as you requested the model to be finished. Excellent weathering like that makes a good model, like the Hornby A3, look so real. And the scale lamps are the finishing touch. You will be so pleased with the finished result, I know I would be.

Best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Sitting on that excellent trackwork, that is just about the most realistic image of a steam model that I have ever seen, and it is a credit to Tim's abilities to take a mundane model to a new level.

G'Day Folks

Just to annoy everybody, South Australia has now gone 90 days with out rain, odd passing very light shower, having a bit of rain at the moment, probably won't add up to more than a couple of mills. Just thought you'd like to know  :sungum: 

manna 

• Like 1

G'Day Folks

Just to annoy everybody, South Australia has now gone 90 days with out rain, odd passing very light shower, having a bit of rain at the moment, probably won't add up to more than a couple of mills. Just thought you'd like to know  :sungum:

manna 

Well you'll soon have a water shortage, unlike us in the  UK. :protest:  :protest:

• RMweb Premium

I have been quietly following this thread for some time and I have to say that all the photos are excellent but those photos of 60109 are absolutely stunning !

John

The credit should go really to the basic excellence of the Hornby model, and Tim's expertise in adding to it in a way which, in fairness is absolutely impossible to achieve on a mass produced item. The standards really are now exceptionally high.

• Like 2

We get the end of that broken down wall very prominently in our faces. Better if I had cropped that out?

The decaying wall is an idiosyncratic feature that identifies PN during the days of BR neglect.  Leave it in!

• RMweb Premium

I have a visitor from oop North today, so I need to get on with things. First though it is time for another prestige train, this time the Tees-Tyne pullman. Today it is in the hands of one of Top Shed's roller bearing fitted A1s, suitably cleaned, of course.

attachicon.gifTT 1.JPG

attachicon.gifTT 2.JPG

some lovely rich colours on view here, so well worth another look.

That is a lovely looking train Gilbert. I'm impressed that you've actually got the roller bearings modelled properly in true 'Wright' style. That's still on my to do list! I'm interested that there is a top shed pacific on this service. Would it have been a lodging turn or a loco change at Grantham? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That is a lovely looking train Gilbert. I'm impressed that you've actually got the roller bearings modelled properly in true 'Wright' style. That's still on my to do list! I'm interested that there is a top shed pacific on this service. Would it have been a lodging turn or a loco change at Grantham? 

Who do you think pointed out the lack of the roller bearings in the first place. :jester: When Tim did the body treatment on 60157 I asked him if he could get me off the hook, and as usual he did. Then we did 60156 as well, so I'm fireproof on both. There are plenty more to be done to Sir's exacting standards yet though.

The Up Tees-Tyne was the return leg of one of the Kings Cross Newcastle lodging turns. I can't remember just now which one exactly, though I believe it may have been the Scotch goods.

• Like 3