Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

I'm liking V2's very much.

As the ferry journey is so expensive, I suggest our friend is safe from N5 discriminatory retaliation!  I'm rather fond of N2's too (it's a 0-6-2T thing, no idea why but Lambton No.5 is the top dog), so maybe a compromise could be reached! 

Yes, I have the answer - slight movement forward in time, N2's pilot, the N5 transferred to Fraggle Rock Central.

God loves a tryer.

....To get shots like this though, I have to put the camera where I can't see the view finder, and hope. Hope didn't cooperate this time though.

As you are shooting digital it might be an idea to shoot several/lots of photos, changing the angle and/or camera position a little between each. When you download them you select the good 'uns and delete the rest. Just good practice with a digital camera.

Chaz

• RMweb Premium

I'm liking V2's very much.

As the ferry journey is so expensive, I suggest our friend is safe from N5 discriminatory retaliation!  I'm rather fond of N2's too (it's a 0-6-2T thing, no idea why but Lambton No.5 is the top dog), so maybe a compromise could be reached! 

Yes, I have the answer - slight movement forward in time, N2's pilot, the N5 transferred to Fraggle Rock Central.

God loves a tryer.

I could say very trying, but of course I won't. :angel: If anything, there should be another one, but don't hold your breath.

• RMweb Premium

As you are shooting digital it might be an idea to shoot several/lots of photos, changing the angle and/or camera position a little between each. When you download them you select the good 'uns and delete the rest. Just good practice with a digital camera.

Chaz

What a jolly spiffing idea. Why didn't I think of that? And why am I likely to forget it again by tomorrow? Seriously Chaz, I will follow that advice.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Folks

When you said 'another Ivatt,' I had a vision of a majestic Atlantic, or D2 drifting into the station with a stopper from Kings Cross....................Ahhhhhh!

manna

A few years too late, I'm afraid, but at least the family name still features.

• Like 1

What a jolly spiffing idea. Why didn't I think of that? And why am I likely to forget it again by tomorrow? Seriously Chaz, I will follow that advice.

Just one follow up piece of advice. When you do review a batch of pictures it pays to be quite ruthless with the "duds". Photos gobble up storage space on hard-drives as I know only too well (my new Nikon makes a 50Mb file from every shot taken!).

Chaz

• RMweb Premium

Just one follow up piece of advice. When you do review a batch of pictures it pays to be quite ruthless with the "duds". Photos gobble up storage space on hard-drives as I know only too well (my new Nikon makes a 50Mb file from every shot taken!).

Chaz

I have sussed that one out Chaz. Almost everything I take gets deleted as soon as it has been posted on here, and the Raw and JPG files go even before that. There is just the occasional one that I keep in a separate folder because I particularly like it, or want to remember something about it for future reference.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, that first shot is excellent - it does have real impact and a fairly tight composition is a lot to do with that (just a pity about the ploughing attachment on that 7 planker).

Chaz

Yes, the camera doesn't lie, or not often anyway. I can get away with leaving those couplings as they are, I thought, as the wagons are only there as a scenic break. That works with the human eye from distance, but the camera isn't fooled. I had exactly the same thought as you when I saw the cropped image.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, that first shot is excellent - it does have real impact and a fairly tight composition is a lot to do with that (just a pity about the ploughing attachment on that 7 planker).

Chaz

Ah, but that 7 planker is on loan and is a Triang Hornby rarity lump of plassi, so the coupling can only be removed with permission.

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Ah, but that 7 planker is on loan and is a Triang Hornby rarity lump of plassi, so the coupling can only be removed with permission.

P

In grovelling mode. May I remove it, your Duckness? I will try to preserve it so that it can be reinstated so as not to lose its value as an antique.

P

Oh well, GN should just get one of his own and remove its coupling (neuter it?) and use this one whenever the end of the rake is visible in close up. SORTED!