Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

G'day Folks

Says the man, with the largest fiddle yard in the Southern Hemisphere ????

manna, Merry Christmas all.

Ha ha, probably not. There's one a lot nearer to you - London Road - that has a bigger one.

I know a few complete layouts that would fit inside the goods shed.

All the best.

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

A Merry Christmas to you and please watch your finances next year, with twenty empty cassettes to fill it could get expensive.

Richard

Yes, that had occurred to me. All is well at present though, as I genuinely can't think of many things more that I need to store. That may change when I try to think harder and for longer.

Strange, that doesn't show on mine, though I do know it happened. Paint.Net has changed lately, and it isn't aywhere near as easy now to be sure I've removed every little imperfection before I add the sky layer. When I do that, such things show up, so I erase them, but sometimes they come back again. :scratchhead: This must be one of those occasions.

It's really nothing that should cause you any grief - a minor blemish on an otherwise good picture. I couldn't resist pulling your leg though....  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Those last helicopter shots are stunning. While we are “used” to the quality of modelling that enables the usual closeups, those pics just remind us of how comprehensive the scope of PN is in total. Easy to mentally compare with such shots on other layouts - less easy to recall any that cut such mustard.

Those last helicopter shots are stunning. While we are “used” to the quality of modelling that enables the usual closeups, those pics just remind us of how comprehensive the scope of PN is in total. Easy to mentally compare with such shots on other layouts - less easy to recall any that cut such mustard.

Hi

I fully agree those last two shots show just how great Gilbert’s Peterborough North Layout is.

Regards

David

• RMweb Premium

Yes, that had occurred to me. All is well at present though, as I genuinely can't think of many things more that I need to store. That may change when I try to think harder and for longer.

One word. Sleepers!

Andy

Edited to sat that I see the birds beat me to it! Great minds think alike.

Edited by thegreenhowards

Gilbert, I especially like the first photo in post #19882 and the last photos in #19860 and #19874.

Far too often modellers cram in too much and you get tiny station forecourts that you could hardly turn a Bedford van in all stuffed full of buses, taxis, flower vendors and what not. Your layout has these lovely open spaces full of nothing at all and it adds so much to the scene. The sense of space is very refreshing.

Your last shot of Crescent bridge has one lorry on it. So many people would fill that roadway with traffic. Less is so often more.

You've beaten me this time Chaz. I can't see anything untoward, even when I magnify it. Tacky wax? I have some, but don't find it to be very tacky.

Hello Gilbert 

I use a colour calibrated iMac and on the image there is a white blob above the engine probably halfway to the horizon. Sorry to point it out but it is there.

Regards

Peter