Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, westerner said:

There is something very atmospheric about those two b&w images. Nice one Gilbert.

Thank you Alan. Kevin mentioned recently on the wonderful Little Muddle thread that he finds that sometimes an image really comes off, without being able to say why it has so much more impact than others. The same applies here, as regards the second one anyway.  I don't know why I felt that b&w would improve it, but it did, and a good deal too. Technically, it isn't bad, quite sharp and acceptable depth of field, but why does this one really hit the spot?  Dunno.

• Agree 1

On 31/03/2019 at 22:44, great northern said:

I left the underside of the bridge unshopped, as suggested by Andy the other day. Do you think it is an improvement? It certainly saves a lot of fiddling about. Next we see the A3 at rest, having correctly pulled far enough forward to avoid smoke under the roof.

Gilbert, if you can find a photograph of a suitable (not necessarily correct) series of railway tracks going into the distance between stock sidings and slide that behind the bridge for photography purposes, from certain angles it may be quite effective. You'd need at least two background boards, I'm thinking, one taken from near eye level and one from a more raised position depending on where you place your camera.

Alternatively, try a mirror there. Somethings they have a remarkable effect at creating distance.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, great northern said:

Simple pictures this morning. WD under the roof.

185718383_4WD2.JPG.66bce13718f3f582555361fd562c62c7.JPG

and again, but a bit closer.

1163001108_5WD4.JPG.1ae4a55e2e33a8542694ff5a029d6422.JPG

Little else to report really. Redoing the sequence is going to be an even bigger job than I thought, as I have to do all the loco diagrams again too. This is because someone keeps making me buy more of them.

I wonder who that is?

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Premium

The more modern steam locomotives could easily have been available through to the late 70s despite clean air laws and the like. I will go no further with that little can as I want to remain calm and happy today.

Good luck with yer boiler.

P

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert

as proffered in the past, albeit before I retired, like Martin S-C I am also happy to provide any prototype pictures if needed.

• Thanks 1