Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, great northern said:

First thing to do is to show the latest additions to PN's rolling stock, which appeared just before the alterations .

Some time ago our very generous duck, Phil, gave me a number of Comet coach sides from the Aladdin's cave which is his loft, and I asked Steve (31A), to convert a couple of Hornby things into something more bearable. As usual, he rose to the occasion, and here they are.

TSO_1.JPG.09f0545cb1bc7619ed008f57f0e0ac76.JPG

TSO_2.JPG.80380b101e8f58e922abf1e82fbbd0a0.JPG

Lovely job, as always, and some very nice subtle differences in finish. I am now a bit closer to being able to model a train that featured no less than ten of these, but I'll give Steve a break and something different next.

Well I am not letting you have this one when I get it finished.

172a.jpg.5c2591ea03cc5caf38fef3b538b09230.jpg

It is being made from Hornby Railroad Gresley coaches, loads of work still to do on this and a few others, like the dia 196 BSO to go with it.

176a.jpg.6c55d14bcb5522b97dcf6ca836b1e27d.jpg

Please do pop over and have a look at the others on my Sheffield Exchange thread......there is also some nice DMUs by Gibbo675 on there tonight.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

Gilbert,

Now you have some sleepers, shouldn’t there be a late up overnight service to kick off the cycle?!

Andy

Good point Andy. I had thought about it, but then it went out of mind again, as so many things do now.

On 11/08/2019 at 02:49, St Enodoc said:

I don't know, but I once drove through a village on April Fools' Day where someone had changed all the village name signs to NOWHERE.

Were they telling you that you were NO WHERE, or that you were NOW HERE?

Lloyd

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, great northern said:

Good point Andy. I had thought about it, but then it went out of mind again, as so many things do now.

I was expecting to be put firmly back in my box, so it’s good news that it’s on the cards. The 1905 from Aberdeen looks like the best bet - just one SLSTP and one SLF (admittedly a long Gresley, but I’m sure yours could substitute) plus a lot of mark 1s. Next time hopefully.

Andy

• Like 3

that six wheeler in the DE siding immediately caught my eye. I'm wondering if it is one that Bill Bedford does. I'll ask Jonathan, he'll know.

Picking up on Martin's post, that vehicle has the look of an ex-MR 6 wheeler of the type Slater's produce (or maybe produced).  I don't recall any 6 wheel Howlden clerestories and although the panelling is indistinct, it doesn't have a GN feel to it.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

Picking up on Martin's post, that vehicle has the look of an ex-MR 6 wheeler of the type Slater's produce (or maybe produced).  I don't recall any 6 wheel Howlden clerestories and although the panelling is indistinct, it doesn't have a GN feel to it.

Do you think it might be an ex-GE one?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jwealleans said:

Possible, but we'd really need to see a better reproduction.  Are that chap's photos available anywhere?

Mr Vincent was a prolific contemporary of the likes of Davenport Camwell and Pirt, so I'd be surprised if his collection has not gone somewhere.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, great northern said:

This might work better with the bridge cropped out, and without such strong light on the right.

I quite like it with the bridge in shot; it sets the scene and frames the picture quite nicely!

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, great northern said:

I've been thinking again. I know its bad for me, but I can't help it. I shall spend some of today playing about with backscene possibilities behind Spital Bridge. The problem seems to be that putting one in somewhere results in unwanted deep shadows somewhere else.:scratch_one-s_head_mini:

Shall we have another look at that little Midland 3F? I won't insult it, as I don't wish to upset Clive again. Here it is resting.

1371449988_734112.JPG.a65d4b9bf60e1a44bae63246773615dd.JPG

and now joining the ECML briefly before returning to the Midland side.

48370869_123411last.JPG.2e506fae57af76b16909b797a5db9a5a.JPG

I must say these Midland/LMS coaches are rather attractive.

With a neat and functional looking Deeley/Fowler development of the wonderful Johnson 0-6-0 hauling some lovely Reid designed  coaches, what can be better?

Except of course a Cravens, Derby and BRCW consist DMU train.

• Like 2