Peterborough North

great northern

On 13/08/2019 at 17:28, great northern said:

Pushing the boundaries a bit far there Jonathan. It is something about which I don't feel at all confident. I knew someone would suggest it though.

I am sure some kind person of this parish might volunteer to visit and do a video session. I would really enjoy seeing the results.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Martin S-C said:

Is that a drinking fountain on the wall? If it is, well done, that will be the first such example I have ever seen on a model railway.

There are two of them Martin, one on Platform 2, and the other on 6. As usual, Peter Leyland was equal to the challenge.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 minute ago, great northern said:

There are two of them Martin, one on Platform 2, and the other on 6. As usual, Peter Leyland was equal to the challenge.

Well done to him, a modelling first that I'm aware of which is a very difficult thing to do in 2019.

• RMweb Premium

Update. The weather forecast was right. We splashed our way out to the 5th tee. My partner hit a good drive, I hit a  decent second shot, he got us to about 15 ft, I holed the putt, and we won the match. We splashed our way back, and went and had some drinks. Now for the final, 36 holes in a day.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

6 hours ago, trw1089 said:

I love that angle from Spital Bridge, looks like it stretches for miles.

cheers

Tony

I agree with Tony. A lovely shot of a lovely model that is so reminiscent of the real thing. Thank you Gilbert, and all your helpers.

Lloyd

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, 31A said:

The backscene is quite encouraging in the first of this evening's pictures .... 

It isn't too far off Steve. Needs to be a bit longer, at both ends probably, and I have to solve the conundrum as to why it looks convincing from some angles, but not from others.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

That last shot is a cracker!  I really do like that viewpoint, even though you have to go through contortions to get it (but noting that it is less contortionistic than before...)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

With that backscene view under the bridge G, could you put it on paper that actually starts on the baseboard top and then curves up into that scene, rather than the sheet just sitting at 90* onto the board?  Experiment with the 'amount of curve required'.

P

• Agree 1