Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Crown  £'s  = 3  A4'S at the very Least in these days of no NHS Dentists. Their Gain your Pain. Good Luck Gilbert. :rolleyes:

I have a plan though Derek. It costs me £23 per month, but comes in handy on these occasions. So, no A4s will be lost, not that I need any more, of course. Good Lord no.

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Surely any number less than 34 is under-achieving? 

One has to be careful Ian. There were always at least one or two in works at any given time, so that has to be taken into account. Arguably, I should have all the KX ones, but some of the Haymarket engines were hardly ever seen down our way.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 26/10/2019 at 12:44, great northern said:

It wouldn't fit in the gents at my local pub. Shows how quickly Clive could send the boys round if you really upset him though.

It must be a very small gents then . The gents in the Blind Beggar in Whitechapel was small but the reason there were no witnesses when Reggie Kray shot George Cornell was because over 40 punters had all gone to the gents at  the same time. Amazing how they all got in at the same time and shut the door . So they all saw and heard nuffink. 

Well, that’s what they told the Police anyway :)

Love the J50 , by the way. One of my favourite classes. 

Edited by jazzer
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, great northern said:

More sun today, so more trains will run. There is every chance that at least one WD will feature, as this one did a day or two ago.

1636601234_12WD1.JPG.b6494710554d5c6f3214e98609c7d369.JPG

If we move a bit further along, we can give a double slip a starring role.

1333106779_5doubleslip.JPG.acd51744d157ac64205aeb1b19471abf.JPG

King Gilbert

That double slip looks excellent. Must have been a nightmare working out the geometry. Congratulations. It just shows that not only is it an excellent model overall, but there is such fine detail to be found all over it.

Your humble servant

Lloyd

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, FarrMan said:

King Gilbert

That double slip looks excellent. Must have been a nightmare working out the geometry. Congratulations. It just shows that not only is it an excellent model overall, but there is such fine detail to be found all over it.

Your humble servant

Lloyd

The slip was Norman Saunders' work Lloyd, nothing to do with me, except showing him that it had to be included.

10 hours ago, great northern said:

Time for another WD, on the Down slow as usual, and almost inevitably with coal empties. The only slightly novel thing is that these started from New Southgate.

1536938468_1WD.JPG.9d5274a9a117fc94d1b244ac9329ebc6.JPG

Another forecourt view, but from ground level this time.

975342755_11low.JPG.68078ef9ebe96907dd78e4b69b7dae00.JPG

That wierd looking man has to go. He came from Tetley's Mills, but even so he will be sent to stand somewhere far less conspicuous.

With a raincoat like that, and lurking around a corner - it's got to be the Phantom W*lly Waver !!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

Another day nearly gone, and no golf club drama again. I could start to like this. Anyway, only three more months to do. I didn't feel like running trains today, I think I must have caught it off Clive, but we have plenty in store.

The 4.40pm Doncaster - KX was next on the sequence, at which point it ceased to be Friday, and became another weekday. Why? Because on Fridays this train contained eight TSOs, and I don't have that many, whereas on other days it loaded only to six, which is easy. That means Sun Castle's fireman should be having a nice easy shift.

1463270036_25231.JPG.c1647b353827e9be221d992c62487d5f.JPG

I had to rescue this image from the recycle bin. How it got in there, I do not know. A strange formation this, only six cars, but two are CKs, and a third an FK. Why such a high proportion of first class seating, I wonder?

Next, we shall stand at the end of Station Approach, and well er..... look at the station.

2104078554_12stationapproach.JPG.0f1cd6a8bfcd763c555516eda2ce33a8.JPG

Hello Gilbert,

I have run trains this evening. I didn't last night as I was at the model railway club, but I did have an afternoon session yesterday which was most enjoyable. Not too sure if I will tomorrow but I am off to the Spalding Show for inspiration.