Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Sorry about your wet day, Gilbert. Bright and sunny as I cross Northern France at 186 mph. And I’ve just finished the second complimentary quarter bottle of wine. I’ve no doubt London will feel different.  Hic. 

As you exit the tunnel you will encounter a lot of water and it isn't the Cannel overflowing.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

As you exit the tunnel you will encounter a lot of water and it isn't the Cannel overflowing.

P

Not so! Bright and sunny across Kent, and now on my IET from Padlington. Sherry assures me the South had it wet at the weekend, so now it’s the North’s turn! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

Depends where you call the North, but it chucked it down at Spalding at the weekend and when I got back to Teesside there were roads closed by flooding all over the place.

Watford Gap syndrome rears its head again. My landlady in Guildford always referred to Lincoln as being "up north".

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, great northern said:

Watford Gap syndrome rears its head again. My landlady in Guildford always referred to Lincoln as being "up north".

It is, and I am now living up here.....and very damp it is about time another part of the world got some rain.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Not so! Bright and sunny across Kent, and now on my IET from Padlington. Sherry assures me the South had it wet at the weekend, so now it’s the North’s turn! 

Apologies. I had heard from my outpost in beautiful Croydon on Sea that it was actually fine up there. Is you arse numb yet and how many cases have:

1. fallen on your head?

2. you tripped over in the aisles?

P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Apologies. I had heard from my outpost in beautiful Croydon on Sea that it was actually fine up there. Is you arse numb yet and how many cases have:

1. fallen on your head?

2. you tripped over in the aisles?

P

Don't be daft, Dudders was a senior manager on the railways and will be using his gold pass to travel first class and have some minion to make sure there are no dangers around him.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Don't be daft, Dudders was a senior manager on the railways and will be using his gold pass to travel first class and have some minion to make sure there are no dangers around him.

Ah so. 

I shall add then, how many:

1. arrogant business types are being aggressive towards the crew?;

2. people have two huge suitcases and insist they keep them on the floor next to them?;

3. 'new moneys' wearing red braces, are hogging the blinds and keep pulling them down so you cant see out of your window?

Pah! 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ah so. 

I shall add then, how many:

1. arrogant business types are being aggressive towards the crew?;

2. people have two huge suitcases and insist they keep them on the floor next to them?;

3. 'new moneys' wearing red braces, are hogging the blinds and keep pulling them down so you cant see out of your window?

Pah! 

Sorry Phil I didn't see you on the train, if I had I would have only left one suitcase in the way, you having a dodgy leg and all. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

It is, and I am now living up here.....and very damp it is about time another part of the world got some rain.

The lovely part of Lincolnshire in which you are so privileged to live, has, statistically one of the lowest annual rainfalls in the country. It's just that you happen to be getting a lot of it at once. My Dad was a drainage engineer, so I know that, you see.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Nearly right, Clive. Except that only the most senior managers got a gold pass, mine is merely silver. The difference is minimal in effect, but there are a handful of very busy trains I may not join - and in theory the gold pass entitles the bearer (and his lady) to a free sleeper berth (each!)

And as usual, my IEP was just the job. Comfy enough, regular offers of tea etc, waiting time here and there. 

Back to PN, now chaps. 

• Like 4