Peterborough North

great northern

Oh come on Gilbert, you believe in the Weather Forecast and expect the Backy V2 to arrive in our lifetime, why next you'll be telling us that Father Christmas lives in Bingham.  :jester:

Kind Regards, Derek.

Edited by CUTLER2579
Spelling.
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Oh come on Gilbert, you believe in the Weather Forecast and expect the Backy V2 to arrive in our lifetime, why next you'll be telling us that Father Christmas lives in Bingham.  :jester:

Kind Regards, Derek.

1. It really is sunny.

2. Go to Bachmann thread and look at the lovely photos.

3  I didn't know you'd moved to Bingham. :sungum::jester:

• Funny 1

Gilbert,

i saw this earlier  "The new  V2 ep" and as  Dr Gerbil-Fritters Esq states:-

This seems to have stirred little interest, to my surprise.  Any thoughts?  it's clearly streets ahead of the old V2.  It looks like a V2 at least, and seems to have some of the key features nicely modelled.

My reservation would only be Delivery dates. 

Regards,Santa Claus. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Gilbert,

i saw this earlier  "The new  V2 ep" and as  Dr Gerbil-Fritters Esq states:-

This seems to have stirred little interest, to my surprise.  Any thoughts?  it's clearly streets ahead of the old V2.  It looks like a V2 at least, and seems to have some of the key features nicely modelled.

My reservation would only be Delivery dates. 

Regards,Santa Claus. 

I'm expecting 2021 Derek, but you never know, we may get a nice surprise. At least we now know it hasn't been shelved indefinitely.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Gilbert,

as we look at it is the right hand smoke deflector loose or is it an optical illusion.

Just sprung away a little Derek, but as usual the camera makes it look much worse. It will be going in to works shortly, as someone forgot it should have a different diagram boiler, so all can be remedied then.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, great northern said:

Sea Eagle is at the head of the first sleeping car express of the evening, so our man recorded the formation, though I think he may have done it before.

496844780_2rake2.JPG.e72d5d04f7f6b29a8a2bc13c149ab4e5.JPG

Gilbert,

It's good to see the sleepers again. I hope they're coping with your curves OK now?

Andy

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

Gilbert,

It's good to see the sleepers again. I hope they're coping with your curves OK now?

Andy

Yes, Tony has made sure they do. I really would like another slleping car formation, but I really fancy the Gresley 66ft 6 cars, which creates a large problem.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, phil.c said:

What track are you using, scratched pointwork or commercial?

Norman Saunders of Just Tracks built the pointwork on the station side. If I remember correctly it is C&L based, but a lot of it was scratchbuilt. Fiddle yard side is Peco code 75.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, great northern said:

Yes, Tony has made sure they do. I really would like another slleping car formation, but I really fancy the Gresley 66ft 6 cars, which creates a large problem.

I've spoken to Andy at Isinglass about 3D printing the Gresley 66 footers and he was quite positive about the idea. If that comes off, I'm sure I could knock one or two up for you.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, great northern said:

Norman Saunders of Just Tracks built the pointwork on the station side. If I remember correctly it is C&L based, but a lot of it was scratchbuilt. Fiddle yard side is Peco code 75.

That looks like SMP Finescale then?