Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, phil.c said:

Seeing as it's a special piece of paper for the job...she's probably thrown it out  :)

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Interesting. Are we the only people who clean up and tidy up before our cleaning lady comes?

Certainly not. I always find myself doing just that.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, great northern said:

No to the first bit, as she is forbidden from entering the room, but please let me know your hourly rate. If you are cheaper, I may have an offer for you.

Cheaper, not sure as Mrs M says I am priceless.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jukebox said:

Gilbert/Tim - can you gents just confirm that 60003 has only been renumbered, not repainted, and that the transformation above is solely down to the "Tim"™  treatment?

If that is the case...  it really is amazing.

Cheers

Scott

I'll leave this one to Tim, Scott. I don't think there is any repainting involved. Tim describes the work he does on A4s as an easy job. In fairness that is in comparison with A3s.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, great northern said:

No, I know it is in there. I nearly found it this afternoon.

Gilbert,

I am sure you either Find something or you Don't Find something, with your background I think His Lordship would interrupt with a remark to the effect "My learned Friend can you explain how you can NEARLY FIND something"

Compliments of the Season to you 

Derek

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Gilbert,

I am sure you either Find something or you Don't Find something, with your background I think His Lordship would interrupt with a remark to the effect "My learned Friend can you explain how you can NEARLY FIND something"

Compliments of the Season to you 

Derek

Simples. Its in there, I know its in there. I was in there as well, and I moved around quite a bit, so I must nearly have found it.:mosking:

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, westerner said:

I don't know why you don't crop more often, Gilbert. I nearly always do to get rid of background clutter beyond the back scene.

Habit more than anything else Alan, but there will be another close one posted shortly.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, FarrMan said:

Gilbert

Is that from an old advert for Robinsons Jam, that we are no longer allowed to mention by name, just to the right of the Fair Maid and behind Crescent Bridge? The eyes look terrifying!

Lloyd

Trick of the light, that's all.

Something that might be of some help to you Gilbert, that's if you want to go down this road.....if you select the main picture and use the eraser tool set to a small circle, you can get rid of the areas around the signal etc, the sky on your second layer will then show through. :)

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, phil.c said:

Something that might be of some help to you Gilbert, that's if you want to go down this road.....if you select the main picture and use the eraser tool set to a small circle, you can get rid of the areas around the signal etc, the sky on your second layer will then show through. :)

I do that Phil, but there are times when I'm beaten. When you get two or even three lattices superimposed one on the other, and a uniform dark background behind them, the job becomes impossible. Well, it does for me, anyway. I've tried many times to crack this, but I won't spend hours on it, and even if I did eyesight and lack of manual dexterity would probably mean I didn't do much better.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, JeffP said:

I wonder if Tim would be willing to do an article on how he changes what is almost toy-like into something so realistic?

I can't speak for Tim, but if I were in his position I might be wary of giving trade secrets away.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1