Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

1 minute ago, Oldddudders said:

I just highlighted and then copied the YouTube box at the top of the page, then pasted it here. Sorry it isn't LNER.

Was just about to post that method! Works for me too. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, great northern said:

Haven't they seen the forecast?  14 degrees, 15mph north easterly wind, and "occasional showers".  Fahrenheit in 1958 remember. Anyone who has been to Skeggy with a north easterly blowing will know what this means.

Don't - I still bear the scars 50 years on ...:scared:

(You forgot to mention the ice cream blown off the top of the cornets, melting (just) in the sand. Not forgetting the donkeys)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, trw1089 said:

Finally had a chance to catch up on all things PN, nearly 6 weeks of pics were enjoyed, comments were duly noted, and many lovely works of Timmed art were viewed.  Such a nice way to spend a Boxing Day evening.

Hope all is well with you Gilbert, and great to see PN still going strong.

Cheers

Tony

Yes thanks Tony, all is well. In fact for some reason I sent a few minutes yesterday  going through old excel speadsheets, and they reminded me just how much PN has changed and progressed over the years. The good thing is that most of the changes seem to have had a positive outcome.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Don't - I still bear the scars 50 years on ...:scared:

(You forgot to mention the ice cream blown off the top of the cornets, melting (just) in the sand. Not forgetting the donkeys)

Who could forget the donkeys? And the drizzle? And that horrible clingy stuff you had to get through to get to the sea?  Which you got out of again pretty quick, as it was b***** cold.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, great northern said:

What's next? Ah, we have a Skegness excursion. The stock is just approaching the platform, a March K1 having been borrowed to do the job.

1281519605_6K11.JPG.f68fd1e84ec8f9d0530f7d3b433e7a99.JPG

Another milk churn:ireful:. Still, the camera never lies, so this one will be despatched too.

A close up of the K1 next, as it gets closer to its excited day trippers. Haven't they seen the forecast?  14 degrees, 15mph north easterly wind, and "occasional showers".  Fahrenheit in 1958 remember. Anyone who has been to Skeggy with a north easterly blowing will know what this means. The kids will still want to go on the beach though.

1415736313_7K12.JPG.646198ecc33ef2065905c775dd076491.JPG

We only have beautiful weather on the Lincolnshire coast.....goodness me I am sounding like a local.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, rockershovel said:

I worked in the Skegness area earlier this year, it must be the world capital of fish and chips..

Went once on a Friday in September...ONE chip restaurant open and only one takeaway.