Peterborough North

great northern

6 hours ago, westerner said:

Once again I have to disagree Gilbert. I've been many photos of real track s approaching stations which have that look about them. It could be that in real life foreshortening makes the curves appear sharp. So to me your photo works.

Gilbert

I am inclined to agree with Westerner, but as I don't like foreshortened photos, it is not one of my favorites. It does look as though it could be a photo of the real thing, though, so in that sense is successful.

May I wish you and all your helpers a very happy New Year, and many thanks for the hours of fine entertainment that you have given us.

Looking forward to more!

Lloyd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

So here is anothe  close up of an oncoming A4. The cameraman will be stepping back smartly now he's go the shot.

1469474302_5152.JPG.de6eacaac3ff0b3216ff0d42c5ab4658.JPG

It is much safer up on Spital Bridge, provided you don't lean out too far.

1191380709_615bridge.JPG.0cd94225fdc422a98ff20f2dab618169.JPG

I do like these aerial shots from the bridge.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

I do like these aerial shots from the bridge.

Still a bit difficult to access Andy, so I don't try too many from down there, but I shall keep experimenting, as I don't think I've quite achieved the best angle yet.

• RMweb Premium

I have rather a lot of pictures in reserve, so here's another to be going on with. 60105 going round a bend which shouldn't be there, but taken mainly to show some details of the stock .

664095390_9stock.JPG.a1c70cbb7d266980848e1ddd76cff0d3.JPG

A washer will be put in to correct that sag in the triplet, when I can remember to get some.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

Two more shots taken on the same day. The first is on the camera's daylight setting, and with my choice of exposure settings.

1824290350_103108.JPG.4f668cd3cc4e3520d25ad1b239721090.JPG

I get a brown hue when the sun is coming in diagonally at this time of year, and this is the best I could do to get rid of it. The next one is taken at the other end of the room, within a few minutes of the first, and the brown effect was even worse, so I switched to auto, and this is what the camera came up with.

294949509_111653.JPG.8947eaf1a9eb7901477852277ddaca52.JPG

Quite a dramatic difference, and a much colder feel, but which do  you prefer, please? Colder isn't really the word I'm struggling to find, but I can't think of a better one.

They both look good to me, but I think I prefer the first one. If the second was much browner/ warmer on the daylight setting then you did the right thing to change to auto for that exposure.

• Thanks 1

Warm and cool are *exactly* the terms to use, Gilbert.  It's the colour temperature of the light.

I know you don't use it, but in Photoshop, you can even apply a simulated photography filter - in this case an 82 (blue) to remove the colour cast:

1824290350_103108.JPG.4f668cd3cc4e3520d25ad1b239721090.jpg.fc0a3f7cee32feea7d56cab15a7d7f9b.jpg

Cheers,

Scott

Edited by jukebox
  • Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Right, I'm going to settle down now. By sheer coincidence, this morning's first locomotive is....... a Thompson Pacific.

1807989312_5508.JPG.e76f781073c72675d82b7208f5e15c72.JPG

This is a horrible image, but it genuinely is the next one in the store. Not the sub class Hornby have just announced, hardly surprisingly. This is what I get as reward for trying to take pictures when I know there isn't enough light, and it is no more than I deserve.

Meanwhile, it is time for the Flying Scotsman, which has diesel (under)power this morning.

585162970_72092.JPG.6040920b546e823d6286ea1effe97994.JPG

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, great northern said:

This is a horrible image, but it genuinely is the next one in the store. Not the sub class Hornby have just announced, hardly surprisingly. This is what I get as reward for trying to take pictures when I know there isn't enough light, and it is no more than I deserve.

Never mind, its got a suitably '1950s' quality to it!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

image.png.2ca095c0c39755518cf10f9be424bdd8.png

Ummmmmmm, almost makes me want to go BRER...…..I can hear MR Wright screaming, from here in 36E!!!!!

There's more......

Is that the same Mr Wright who said there would never be a RTR Thompson Pacific :nono:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Is that the same Mr Wright who said there would never be a RTR Thompson Pacific :nono:

He was supported in his view by Mr Barnatt. I can't believe it, and when we get not one but two, and the W1 as well,I suspect that I have been in hibernation for three months, and woken up on April 1st.

I feel that the very least I can do is to support Hornby by purchasing at least one or two, if not more. Though of course I don't need any more. I fear that I may have recaught locoholism from that nice Mr Mortimore, who is obviously suffering from it at present.

• Like 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3