Peterborough North

great northern

Must have been the Fenland Alps. We have them near Chatteris. Usually caused by a mole in the roadside fields. They tend to be a tad larger than the normal hills which are generally referred to by their common name of Cats Eyes and located in the middle of the road.

Stewart

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

The 2.00pm Newcastle is next, and 60017 runs in for the stop.

2043270454_14171.JPG.7ca3acab261ab166cde8af472e13a688.JPG

Then I tried something different, so we get 60017 from behind, and our D16 waiting to take the 3.22pm shuttle down to East.

2138613661_1517and2530.JPG.755e30dd012cabf9032469fdc62c0f7c.JPG

I like the D16 shot - nice to see a different angle.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Some trains have run, some photos have been taken, and I now have insurance against the gloom when it returns. I have also belatedly remembered that I glued up some Roco couplings a while back, and test run a couple of coaches with them in place. So far, no problems, and the experiment will continue. As with Bachmann's rigid coupling, the more there are, the more unwieldy they will become, but this is certainly worth more testing.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Gilbert,

your comment " I wouldn't have thought Skeggy was destination of choice for the well heeled." implies us Oiks from Grantham went to Skeggy with Holes in our shoes.

Our socks quite possibly but not our shoes.

Regards, Derek.

PS fancy your team being the first to Lose at Roots Hall all season.;)

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Gilbert,

your comment " I wouldn't have thought Skeggy was destination of choice for the well heeled." implies us Oiks from Grantham went to Skeggy with Holes in our shoes.

Our socks quite possibly but not our shoes.

Regards, Derek.

PS fancy your team being the first to Lose at Roots Hall all season.;)

Thank you for reminding me Derek. Just a slight aberration.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, great northern said:

Silver Fox waits for the guard's whistle, and another WD and more empties clank along the Down slow.

1323001926_1617andWD.JPG.9411c2e717c83ab37d1b632c59817e08.JPG

and our D16 starts its short journey down to East.

2035222395_1725301.JPG.4c0ae611578e991a430caadc2d78bf4e.JPG

Hi great northern

The last photo look nice, I love those type of photos that you try to put the camera in a awkward position, just to get a great photo, and I think that is one of those type of photos, and because it also takes them from a Man's/Woman's Eye prospective with it being lower down to, makes it gives it that more of a real look to the photo. 

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, CUTLER2579 said:

I bet that nice Mr Mortimore won't mention the Kersall or Root's Hall. 

The Kersall, where West Ham supporters went for a day out and had fun and a laugh.

Root's Hall where supporters of every other football club went for a day out to have fun and a laugh.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

The Kursaal was Southend's main attraction. The Flyers did come form Southend.

Thanks. I used to go to the Kursaal when I grew too old for Peter Pan's Playground or Never Never Land.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Thanks. I used to go to the Kursaal when I grew too old for Peter Pan's Playground or Never Never Land.

I used to go to the Kursaal behind one of  Sir Willaim Staniers wonderful Class 4 tanks, and a lovely day out it was too .  This was the highlight of them days in the Kursaal, This was the job I wanted if a couldn't be an engine driver when I grew up

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, jazzer said:

I used to go to the Kursaal behind one of  Sir Willaim Staniers wonderful Class 4 tanks, and a lovely day out it was too .  This was the highlight of them days in the Kursaal, This was the job I wanted if a couldn't be an engine driver when I grew up

She turns up on a Mod's Lambtretta only to go and ride some Rocker's Bantam. I would loved to see her ride her scooter around the wall of death.

I remember my dad taking us to the wall of death at Southend, boring. I wanted to go back to Victoria and watch the trains.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

She turns up on a Mod's Lambtretta only to go and ride some Rocker's Bantam. I would loved to see her ride her scooter around the wall of death.

Little does she know .....

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I remember my dad taking us to the wall of death at Southend, boring. I wanted to go back to Victoria and watch the trains.

Southend Central was the place to see the trains .Only Soul-less electrics at Victoria, when I used to go although it must have been a great place in the days of B12’s and B17’s  on the Liverpool St Semi fasts . The earliest train rides I can remember were on the LTSR and the first cab I ever went in was what I now know to be a LMS Class4 tank at Southend although aged about 4 at the time it was quite a scary experience.

As I got older I had some great memories at the end steam of both standard and  LMS class 4 tanks hammering through West Horndon at 80m.p.h with 11 on when they were non stop between Leigh and Upminster, back in the days before the world went mad and you were still allowed to stick your head out the window !

• Like 2