Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

There was a bit of hazy sunshine, so I went to run trains and take pictures. First though I had to set up the stock for the early locals in the appropriate places. First one went OK, but then it was the turn of the 7.35 Doncaster, which requires two BZs in the first four vehicles. To their living accomodation I went, but they were not there. So I searched the fiddle yard, in case they'd been left there, but no luck.

At this point, full Corporal Jones mode kicked in. "Captain Mainwaring, someone's stolen the BZs! Don't panic!" But I did, despite the fact that obviously someone hadn't.  Finally, I noticed that a CK wasn't in its slot either, and the penny dropped. Where can't I see when surveying the layout? Please see the image immediately above. I just hadn't removed the last two locals when I finished the previous session. Stress can do very peculiar things to one's powers of concentration.

Edited by great northern
spelling
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, great northern said:

The nice lady is Jane Asher, who I remember as a very desirable young lady back in the 1960s, and who I have always looked at with longing, even all these years later.

For me it was Hayley Mills. I had a crush on her before I knew what a crush was! :heart_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

As this is a most uplifting thread, I thought I would just post an instance of heart-warming behaviour in these troubled times.

I bought a Springside Ferguson tractor off eBay and in thanking the seller, mentioned that it would give me something to do during our self-imposed isolation.  Not only did he then include another kit without charge, but he also refunded me the total postage costs.  I find this overwhelmingly kind and of course can never thank him enough, although I have tried (eBay feedback is so limited in length).  If he reads this he knows who he is, so thank you again.

It does more than anything else put into perspective the blithering idiots who clearly haven't got the sense they were born with and have forced the government to close down pubs and so on.

Keep safe and well, one and all

Anthony 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

51 minutes ago, Anthony said:

As this is a most uplifting thread, I thought I would just post an instance of heart-warming behaviour in these troubled times.

I bought a Springside Ferguson tractor off eBay and in thanking the seller, mentioned that it would give me something to do during our self-imposed isolation.  Not only did he then include another kit without charge, but he also refunded me the total postage costs.  I find this overwhelmingly kind and of course can never thank him enough, although I have tried (eBay feedback is so limited in length).  If he reads this he knows who he is, so thank you again.

It does more than anything else put into perspective the blithering idiots who clearly haven't got the sense they were born with and have forced the government to close down pubs and so on.

Keep safe and well, one and all

Anthony 

Amazing how the human condition works, some people trying to play supermarket sweep whilst others regardless of how they feel or turmoil they're in can show an act of kindness like that. You might not be able to eat it, but at least that model will allow you to continue as "normal" in some small part. 

I'm stuck at work bringing record levels of oil and gas into milford haven to keep the country going in these strange times. I have new baseboards being delivered to my home today. As long as I can get ashore for my leave this week, a bit of self isolation will do my layout the world of good if nothing else! 

Cheers, 

John 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 4

10 hours ago, great northern said:

Or we would have if I had remembered to add the photograph.

1913241127_8506.JPG.df6ae79ed3751746cd62067bc60cd113.JPG

Glad to see 60506 is still working fine Gilbert (at 44 years of age!). 

Somewhere along the line it's lost one of its sandbox fillers. I wonder where?

Regarding keeping safe, the local police had to be called in at one supermarket this week. Fights were brewing! So, not just the threat of the virus, or starvation but the risk of physical injury.

Keep safe all of you.

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

Glad to see 60506 is still working fine Gilbert (at 44 years of age!). 

Somewhere along the line it's lost one of its sandbox fillers. I wonder where?

Regarding keeping safe, the local police had to be called in at one supermarket this week. Fights were brewing! So, not just the threat of the virus, or starvation but the risk of physical injury.

Keep safe all of you.

Regards,

Tony. 

Sadly, that does not surprise me Tony. I suppose my job often showed me the worst side of people, but some are just beyond belief. I've no idea where the missing part may be, I'm afraid.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, bigwordsmith said:

Six mile walk? I struggle to do 60 yards!

Hope you kept your social distance!

Golf club regulations now demand it Peter, though there are still some idiots who ignore it. I'm very fortunate that I can still play, and so when we can play the full 18 holes it is over seven miles.  Still, I shouldn't be going on about it to someone who has the difficulties you have to contend with. Just keep staying as safe as you can Peter, a lot of people are thinking about you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

You can take the credit for changing the ballast colour from that of the Sahara to that of (what used to be) part of Northamptonshire.

Regards,

Tony. 

Thanks Tony, I hadn't thought of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, bigwordsmith said:

Thanks Gilbert 

just been whizzed into hospital- not for CV, but possible sepsis!

hopefully I’ll not be here long - they’re really under pressure 

Oh no, I hope that turns out OK - best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

• Agree 11

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, bigwordsmith said:

Thanks Gilbert 

Blimey Smiffy. Take care dear heart. NHS Staff are truly magnificent and they must be better appreciated after this little challenge or there will be trouble.

All the best mate and let us know when you are back home and safe. 

Phil

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, bigwordsmith said:

Thanks Gilbert 

We all hope so too Peter, and we hope to hear from you soon.

• Agree 9