Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold

So, not mentioning the Kitson Still steam and diesel locomotive, with it’s 2-6-2T wheel  arrangement, I’m going for the V2 for a tender engine, and the V1/V3 for the tank engine.

Rob.

• Funny 1

Voting again, as I was previous, being up at silly o'clock this morning and didn't see the last few posts.

Sorry.

V2 and Standard 3MT

• RMweb Premium

2-6-2 tank locomotive. How about those nice class 3 ones made by Sir Henry or Sir William? Or even Mr Ivatt and Mr Riddles class 2 locomotives?

I think today it will be one of Sir Williams class 3 engines, they looked lovely but apparently were useless. Surely that makes them the strongest contender......None of this GWR Prairie malarkey or even the LNER V1 and V3s, despite my model one being a superb performer.

On 17/05/2020 at 19:28, mullie said:

Did I miss the 2-4-2, 0-4-4 and 0-4-0 loco poll?

Martyn

This vote has a way to go yet. Did we do Atlantic's, maybe I missed that, then there is best diesel, l know , I know I can hear cries of anguish from some of you, Deltic, Western, Warship,Class 21, ok maybe not Class 21! then maybe best train, Silver Jubilee? Coronation, Edinburgh Glasgow Class 27 pushpull!?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, great northern said:

Two more shots of Wild Swan this morning, again trying to make use of opportunities at the South end. First one is from a different angle to the one I posted last night, and with the loco repositioned. Looks better to my eye, but what do others think?

2113183694_1921south2andbetter.JPG.e36cfb0ab0dd7c6e0d125b3e1d83da3e.JPG

I reckon that is a brilliant shot Gilbert, despite the curves it shows the bridge off really well without the ends disappearing into space.

Andrew

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, David Bell said:

This vote has a way to go yet. Did we do Atlantic's, maybe I missed that, then there is best diesel, l know , I know I can hear cries of anguish from some of you, Deltic, Western, Warship,Class 21, ok maybe not Class 21! then maybe best train, Silver Jubilee? Coronation, Edinburgh Glasgow Class 27 pushpull!?

Yes, Atlantics long gone, I'm afraid.  I suppose we could do diesels, but as with EMUs, I don't know that much about them. I have a pressing problem to sort out, but will think further later.