Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jwealleans said:

Pre 1974?   This is 1958, dammit!    Get with it, daddy-O.

Yes but, if its 1958, forget this poll, because most of the candidates didn't yet exist.

I should have realised we were opening a can of worms here. And we haven't even got to 37s and 47s, and all the myriad detail variations of those. Not that I know what they are, I just know that they exist, and that some people get very worked up when the manufacturers don't do the specific one or two that they want. Nothing like that with steam engines of course, except curly sixes maybe:jester: Or double chimneys I suppose, and different tenders maybe, and possibly one or two other minor things.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 minutes ago, great northern said:

I've just realised I hadn't run trains or taken any photos for nearly a week. That's been put right now though, and the first few moves of the new sequence have gone almost entirely smoothly.

Tea will be followed by a long walk on a lovely afternoon and then duck for dinner. I like duck.

Our featured train is the 7.30 FO KX-Aberdeen, running rather late, as it wasn't on the old sequence, and I'd forgotten it.

2019283724_10533.JPG.565954cb62e51ed1e1b720e4574343bd.JPG

This is our only train which contains sleeping cars, so we shall have another look at some of them.

430492053_11sleepingcars.JPG.7e51969975f609d3a517ecb238c26afb.JPG

Very impressive cars, these, and many thanks again to Andy The Green Howards for making them for me. I would like some of the Gresley 66ft 6 cars as well, but sadly that doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.

Oh Like!

• Like 2

Gilbert,

i am very surprised at you

Quote :- "Tea will be followed by a long walk on a lovely afternoon and then duck for dinner. I like duck. "

What ever can our feathered friend in Retford be thinking.He's such a sensitive soul.

Derek friend of Arse

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Gilbert,

i am very surprised at you

Quote :- "Tea will be followed by a long walk on a lovely afternoon and then duck for dinner. I like duck. "

What ever can our feathered friend in Retford be thinking.He's such a sensitive soul.

Derek friend of Arse

He is an honorary duck, and thus safe from harm. It was I, years back now, who first referred to him as the Mighty Duck, and it stuck. Anyway, he wouldn't fit in my oven.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Class 33. one of the longest serving early diseasels with a very long life and the first diseasel I remember seeing at Earley station in the early sixties

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, CHAZ D said:

Class 33. one of the longest serving early diseasels with a very long life and the first diseasel I remember seeing at Earley station in the early sixties

Hold your horses! That's a Type 3. We're still on Type 2s.

• Like 2