Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold

Have to go with a Western after seeing and hearing Western Champion when I was in Blighty one time.

Love the cropped shot of the B17, Gilbert.  Any shot with a B17 has to be a good one!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, great northern said:

They come next, tomorrow. I wouldn't miss them out.

There’s also shunters (which should keep Clive happy)  and type 1s. Perhaps they could be combined if you don’t think there are enough type 1s.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I think we know the winner of the type 5, why even bother with a vote.

Agreed!

The only possible questions are "Prototype or Production version?" and "Which livery?"

• RMweb Gold

I’m going with the whistling, bulky, solid class 40, EE Type 4. Always been a personal favourite of mine.

Rob.

P.S. Both of the B17 photo’s are good, with the cropped one enabling the viewer to concentrate better on the beautiful engine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Does that include those built in the 70s for all the coal traffic to lose their traffic in the 80s?

They're just a HST in wolf's clothing.

Actually, made me think, the HST is a type 4, it made a wonderful screaming sound until they put in a bus sound decoder.

The one I am thinking about had a much more macho bass sounding engine note and had the looks to match, and given the thread we are in, any other diesel loco would be an honourable mention only.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Does that include those built in the 70s for all the coal traffic to lose their traffic in the 80s?

If we don't include those (and perhaps even more modern "heavy haulers") the poll will be even more of a foregone conclusion than some already suspect it to be...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

They're just a HST in wolf's clothing.

Actually, made me think, the HST is a type 4, it made a wonderful screaming sound until they put in a bus sound decoder.

The one I am thinking about had a much more macho bass sounding engine note and had the looks to match, and given the thread we are in, any other diesel loco would be an honourable mention only.

No they are not. A HST had a super duper version of the class 29 engine (to start with).

A Grid is a Brush 4 with a super duper version of 10000's engine in it. And a Bone has an extra super duper version of 10001's engine with 4 less cylinders in ........whoops I might be giving my vote away.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

18 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No they are not. A HST had a super duper version of the class 29 engine (to start with).

A Grid is a Brush 4 with a super duper version of 10000's engine in it. And a Bone has an extra super duper version of 10001's engine with 4 less cylinders in ........whoops I might be giving my vote away.

GRid? Bone? Who they?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, bigwordsmith said:

GRid? Bone? Who they?

Grid, class 56

Bone, or Egg timer, class 58

Body Snatcher, class 57

Tug, or Donut, class 60

Shed, Ying Ying or Fred, class 66 (a Fred is a Freightliner Shed)

Skip, class 67

Betty, class 70

Super shed, class 59

All contenders for type 5 traction.

• Like 4

Talking of unusual Buffet vehicles ( which we weren't) I just received an emily from Hattons about some forthcoming  Mk1 RBR Models

MOre info at https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=670&utm_campaign=mar-0515-Hornby-oo-mk1-rbr-engineering-prototype-images&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Klaviyo&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJwc21pdGhAaG90dG90cm90bWFya2V0aW5nLmNvLnVrIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiSkdRZVhoIn0%3D

They look interesting...

• Informative/Useful 2

34 minutes ago, bigwordsmith said:

Talking of unusual Buffet vehicles ( which we weren't) I just received an emily from Hattons about some forthcoming  Mk1 RBR Models

MOre info at https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=670&utm_campaign=mar-0515-Hornby-oo-mk1-rbr-engineering-prototype-images&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Klaviyo&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJwc21pdGhAaG90dG90cm90bWFya2V0aW5nLmNvLnVrIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiSkdRZVhoIn0%3D

They look interesting...

Me too - I checked my stock database to see if any rakes were lacking a catering vehicle but, sadly, no! :(

John Isherwood.

3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Well they sound similar to me, but maybe that's just the Paxman bit.