Peterborough North

great northern

Q1 for me, only wish I'd built that k's kit with its silly plastic centred wheels and motor that didn't work.  Why would that be a problem for a 16 year old who had never built a kit before?

Martyn

• Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

But wasn't a BR class 4 tank a Fairburn tank with BR fittings.

The Fairburn tank in turn was a slightly shorter wheelbase Stanier class 4 tank.

The Stanier tank was a Fowler tank with a Swindon boiler.

The Folwer tank was an outside cylinder version of the MR flatiron 0-6-4T needing a pony truck on the front.

Therefore a BR standard class 4 was in reality a Derby design. :tomato::tomato::tomato:

By that reckoning I’d be the king of Ireland !

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

But wasn't a BR class 4 tank a Fairburn tank with BR fittings.

The Fairburn tank in turn was a slightly shorter wheelbase Stanier class 4 tank.

The Stanier tank was a Fowler tank with a Swindon boiler.

The Folwer tank was an outside cylinder version of the MR flatiron 0-6-4T needing a pony truck on the front.

Therefore a BR standard class 4 was in reality a Derby design. :tomato::tomato::tomato:

No. Rule 57(b) (ii) applies here as amended by the Gilbert motion contained in appendix B2 of the rule book. So my vote goes to the Standard Class 4 tank, a great, looking loco that must rank amongst the top five go-almost- anywhere, do-almost- anything engines.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, jazzer said:

No. Rule 57(b) (ii) applies here as amended by the Gilbert motion contained in appendix B2 of the rule book. So my vote goes to the Standard Class 4 tank, a great, looking loco that must rank amongst the top five go-almost- anywhere, do-almost- anything engines.

yeah but no but yeah but no but it still has it roots in a Derby design.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, thegreenhowards said:

Got to be the H2 although Clive will be telling me that was designed in Doncaster!

I wouldn't know about things designed in the land the wrong side of the Humber.

Tell you what is odd, there is a group at the Bluebell Railway (remember I voted for it as a lovely cross country route south of the Thames) who are using a GNR C1 boiler to make a Brighton Atlantic.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, great northern said:

Tonight we have Patrick Stirling heading a KX- Doncaster relief.

1111055281_161191.JPG.59beb6cc40c29b62100ee081fae4849d.JPG

and to put you into the right mood for sleep on this muggy night, here is a lovely tranquil image.

1195777090_1waterlily.JPG.9bfe4ca10c3d1c4ea6c55cc2dc206d32.JPG

put together the calm beauty of the lily and imagine the sound of the water trickling down into the pond. That's what I call relaxing.

Not if you have a bladder like mine.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

G'Day Folks

Proving that I know little about the products of Eastleigh, and knowing even less about Brighton, other than the Pullman train and 'Brighton rock' and after watching others put forward various loco's, I'll go for the GNR Atlantic, painted in Brown.

manna

download.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I wouldn't know about things designed in the land the wrong side of the Humber.

Tell you what is odd, there is a group at the Bluebell Railway (remember I voted for it as a lovely cross country route south of the Thames) who are using a GNR C1 boiler to make a Brighton Atlantic.

Is it me or is this comment by Clive rather Ironic, when Your Honour, he has spent most of his model career bashing models into the ones he actually wants?

Paul

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

Is it me or is this comment by Clive rather Ironic, when Your Honour, he has spent most of his model career bashing models into the ones he actually wants?

Paul

Never thought of it like that.

Anyhow they are doing something with it not letting it go to the scrappy.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1