Peterborough North

great northern

6 minutes ago, manna said:

G'Day Gents

For a line that should have been kept, Fraserburgh.

manna

Good shout! I remember working on a SRPS railtour train to Fraserburgh in the late seventies. Almost the last train to traverse the branch. The train included a BR LFK, one of only three. The compartments had been opened up and fitted with individual swivel chairs.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, David Bell said:

Good shout! I remember working on a SRPS railtour train to Fraserburgh in the late seventies. Almost the last train to traverse the branch. The train included a BR LFK, one of only three. The compartments had been opened up and fitted with individual swivel chairs.

Sc14001 lived at Cowlairs when I went to work in Glasgow in 1978. Not sure how long it lasted.

• RMweb Premium

This poll was a bit far North for some, it seems, as it attracted far less votes. Score draw 2-2 Aberfeldy and Banff.

Closer to home for most today, Midland region and predecessors. Bucolic BLTs there? Should be plenty to choose from.

Midland bucolic terminus. About all the Midland Region I remember were through stations, so makes it difficult. Never seen either of them in the flesh, but I thought about Uppingham, then decided on Lakeside. From what I have seen a grand building with a minimal local population. Or does that class more as a Ferry Port?

Lloyd

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert you say Midland Region, wow that is a big area for me to pick from. I think I will look close to where I grew up. There is Rusden, Newport Pagnell, Dunstable (like Braintree built for through working but worked as two termini), and St Albans Abbey to consider.

Of course there is one I missed out of that list and that is Northampton St Johns Street. Yet another example of a lovely looking Midland terminus.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

Midland region and predecessors - Tilbury Riverside on the Thames. Built by the LTSR which was taken over by the Midland in 1912. Sadly the station is no longer there though the buildings still are.

Martyn

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, mullie said:

Midland region and predecessors - Tilbury Riverside on the Thames. Built by the LTSR which was taken over by the Midland in 1912. Sadly the station is no longer there though the buildings still are.

Martyn

Is it a branch line terminus? I suppose it is as the track branched off the mainline.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It seems that if you can't be beside the seaside, your next choice is Lakeside. 3 votes wins.

We are now getting closer to home, and today's subject is country branch line termini on the North East region. Not neccessarily bucolic this time, though there were a few.

• Like 1