Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold

Penrith, one of my favourite of all stations, with a good fish and chippy nearby and watching a Duchess come through at full tilt, literally, nearly is enough to make one change faiths...

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I am sure you know that isn't quite the right spelling! 

Hi Ian

With the RMweb censor thingy one has to be careful. The other day I wrote in a PM the noise a bell made you know ding- d  on   g  and only ding showed up when I posted it. Just "stone" on its own would have been more meaningless as many of my post are.

• Friendly/supportive 3

10 minutes ago, trw1089 said:

Penrith, one of my favourite of all stations, with a good fish and chippy nearby and watching a Duchess come through at full tilt, literally, nearly is enough to make one change faiths...

I always thought that Penrith was North of Weaver Junction. They move everything these days. No wonder I can't find anything!

Lloyd

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Just now, trw1089 said:

Easy tiger. Current poll only extends as far north as Crewe / Manchester ...

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Ian

With the RMweb censor thingy one has to be careful. The other day I wrote in a PM the noise a bell made you know ding- d  on   g  and only ding showed up when I posted it. Just "stone" on its own would have been more meaningless as many of my post are.

If in doubt, replace 'i' with '1', 'o' with '0' (etc) - we'll all know what you mean!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

And there was me thinking you appreciated the sound of leather on willow?

Yes, in summer.

As you know, with my (our) previous employer, moves around the country were not infrequent. One of the first things I'd do after such a move was to join the local cricket club (summer) and rugby club (winter). A great way to start feeling at home.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Logically Crewe or Rugby; local interest would suggest Bletchley but I will vote for Stockport Edgeley. 

In the late 60's, after electrification,  I used to travel back to Didsbury via Edgeley on Sunday nights when I had been home to London, transferring to a North Western Road Car no 80 to Barlow Moor Road.  (A long walk home from Wellington Road in the early hours of the morning if I'd seen my then girl friend home.)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

For a while yesterday Clive was in danger of voting for a winner:o, but in the end Crewe came through strongly, and defeated Bletchley by 9 votes to five.

Today, WCML from Crewe to Carlisle, and we mustn't forget the Midland from Leeds northwards, so that's included too.

• Like 1