Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Gentlemen, there is a problem. I did specify the ECML for this poll, and Reedsmouth is not on it. There will be polls which will allow you to vote for this, and other delightful byways, but on this one they are wasted.

Having had time to re-focus, how about Ferryhill, twixt Darlo and Durham. Bet that was a fascinating place at its height. I think I’m right in saying that some of now NRM locos from the old York museum were stored in the shed there for safe keeping during the last unpleasantness.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Two main contenders for this poll, Alnmouth and Northallerton. The latter sneaked in by 6 votes to 4.

We will come further South this morning, and look at Great Eastern lines. Major junction stations London to Norwich and London to Cambridge. And you can't have Liverpool Street again, Clive. Not the lovely little meandering branch line junctions today please. They deserve a separate poll shortly.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

Two main contenders for this poll, Alnmouth and Northallerton. The latter sneaked in by 6 votes to 4.

We will come further South this morning, and look at Great Eastern lines. Major junction stations London to Norwich and London to Cambridge. And you can't have Liverpool Street again, Clive. Not the lovely little meandering branch line junctions today please. They deserve a separate poll shortly.

Shoreditch, Bethnal Green, Bow, Stratford, Illford, Shenfield, Witham, Marks Tey, Colchester, Manningtree, East Suffolk Junction (Ipswich), Haughley, or Trowse?

GE&LNW Junction (Cambridge), Shepreth Branch Junction, Bishop's Stortford, Broxbourne, Cheshunt, Angel Road, Copper Mills, Hackney Downs or Bethnal Green.

Witham because I lived there.

• Like 1

Marks Tey, junction for the Stour Valley line and all those lovely archaic cross country trains hauled by E4s, J15s D16s etc. The diesel services looked great in this setting too.

Haughley was a close second.

Martyn

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, phil.c said:

Looking good, just a suggestion, stretch the distant sidings to the right of the signals.

Thanks Phil. I shall do that when I work out what the final format will be, and how I'm going to do it. The trouble is it looks good from some angles and horrid from others.