Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, mullie said:

Retford sounds like a good shout, not that I have ever been there.

Martyn

I was being a bit tongue in cheek really I'm afraid Martyn!  Retford was between Manchester & Cleethorpes on the route of GC trains but it was a GN station :blush_mini: 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 hours ago, 31A said:

I was being a bit tongue in cheek really I'm afraid Martyn!  Retford was between Manchester & Cleethorpes on the route of GC trains but it was a GN station :blush_mini: 

OK I will go with Woodhead.

Martyn

• RMweb Premium

Another tie, Woodhead 4  Barnetby 4.

Today please retrace your steps from lovely Cleethorpes to Sheffield Victoria, and go from there down the GC London extension, remembering that the emphasis now is more on the ordinary through town or wayside station. The Chesterfield loop is included, and Clive is not allowed to remind me that they all looked the same, so there.

Edited by great northern
to correct spelling

• RMweb Gold

In contrast to recent polls where I knew zilch, I did at least travel some of the GC in its very last days. So Nottingham Arkwright St it has to be, since I knew as I descended the rickety stairs in April 1969 that it had only a couple of weeks to go. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, great northern said:

Another tie, Wodhead 4  Barnetby 4.

Today please retrace your steps from lovely Cleethorpes to Sheffield Victoria, and go from there down the GC London extension, remembering that the emphasis now is more on the ordinary through town or wayside station. The Chesterfield loop is included, and Clive is not allowed to remind me that they all looked the same, so there.

Waddesdon Road, where your carriage awaited to take you to Waddesdon Manor.