Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Gilbert I wish to make a complaint regarding today's LNWR stations. There appears to be some misunderstanding and people are nominating Midland Railway stations, well one station, the Airfix kit looks nothing like an LNWR type box.

May I refer my friend to the words "and throw in the line to Leicester", when setting up this poll. Anyway, aren't you a Midland Railway chappie yourself?

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, great northern said:

May I refer my friend to the words "and throw in the line to Leicester", when setting up this poll. Anyway, aren't you a Midland Railway chappie yourself?

The LNWR had access to Leicester via the GNR line to Belgrave Road, so I was mislead in thinking when you said LNWR that is what you meant not the MR mainline from Kettering to Nottingham with its branches to Peterborough and Leicester. So I will withdraw my complaint.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Herbert Nigel said:

For some strange reason, which I can’t quite explain, this second photo’ seems particularly good. Perhaps because the (problematical) “open” view beyond is totally obscured.

Having the A4 where it was helped, and I just had to accept all the overlapping brackets behind Deltic, which were a pig to photoshop, but I agree it does contain the whole view very acceptably.

• RMweb Premium

I would nominate Hammerton, where the lever frame is in a cupboard on the platform and signalling instruments inside the station building, but will have to go for Knaresborough as it is really incomparable for so many reasons!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 23/09/2020 at 14:47, Flying Fox 34F said:

I’ll pick Newark Northgate. The Downside buildings are the originals, the clock does work.  Currently, it is more reliable than the a digital ones.

On 23/09/2020 at 16:15, 31A said:

Good to know the clock works now; when I'd been through there recently it wasn't working.  By recently, I mean before March!  

OK, I take back what I said about the clock at Newark Northgate; it was working well this windy lunch time and the digital one behind it wasn't!

IMG_3678.jpg.6008f289f0f47b9dbd58c5b3f127a680.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, 31A said:

OK, I take back what I said about the clock at Newark Northgate; it was working well this windy lunch time and the digital one behind it wasn't!

IMG_3678.jpg.6008f289f0f47b9dbd58c5b3f127a680.jpg

I was there last night and checked it was working.  I’m heading in that direction again this evening on my rounds. I hope the Gang of Four meeting up on the station this morning, left it in good order!!!!!!!

Paul

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

I was there last night and checked it was working.  I’m heading in that direction again this evening on my rounds. I hope the Gang of Four meeting up on the station this morning, left it in good order!!!!!!!

Paul

We were well behaved Paul, and didn't hang around due to the biting wind blowing from the Urals!  The nice lady in the booking office very helpfully re-booked my seat reservation onto an earlier train back to York.  Thank you for checking the clock for us :good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Wetherby Triangle would be good  with lines to Harrogate, Leeds and Church Fenton. 

On the Wetherby-Tadcaster section the WW2 munitions factory at Thorpe Arch had an extensive rail network and workers trains to and from Leeds. 

Being my local station I'm going for Church Fenton though.  Ulskelf a close second...