Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

And so to the poll. A 4-4 draw, Border Counties Railway and Scotsgap. I think it is time to give this a rest. It served a useful purpose during a difficult period for us all, but I'm struggling to think up new subjects, and there is generally rather  less interest.

Any ideas as to what else we could discuss are welcome, but for now, we are a poll free zone.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I think we can come back to it after some time off. I dont know about you chaps but I have learnt a lot about railways I did not know. The only problem i have now is i have about 20 new projects running around my head. Thanks to Gilbert for taking the time to have the polls.

Cheers

David

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, great northern said:

95% chance of heavy rain from now until 5.00pm. No out door pursuits, and no photography either. A glance through the palatial main entrance this morning, with a DMU just arrived from Skegness making a new kind of noise under the canopy.

2094087274_1entrance.JPG.021ab5346160a60ef47d5bcc6af2f056.JPG

On the Down side a Welwyn Garden City to Colwick Class D passes through, KX having found a use for one of the Standard fives which will shortly be passed on to Neasden.

343091052_53158.JPG.6ce7d7a88c2266d1b6c60e56fe88389a.JPG

Pardon !!

passed on to Sheffield Darnall  41A  .I think you will find

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Pardon !!

passed on to Sheffield Darnall  41A  .I think you will find

Oh, thanks Derek, I thought they went to the GC. No-one seems to have wanted the poor things, as they were at Derby by February 59.

In fairness to you Gilbert she did go to Neasden from 41A then Derby,back to Neasden and then Cricklewood East , Bedford, back to Cricklewood East before departing North to Patricroft from where she was withdrawn in October 1967. A total life in BR service of a little less than 11 years.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, great northern said:

Oh, thanks Derek, I thought they went to the GC. No-one seems to have wanted the poor things, as they were at Derby by February 59.

It seems the Southern were quite happy to take them according to Clive Groome’s book based on his diary as a Nine Elms driver .  He says they were more suited to the regular stops of the Waterloo-Basingstoke/Southampton Semi -fasts than a Bulleid Pacific.  However the Class 5s on the Southern were taking over jobs from the old S15’s which is a bit different to taking over a V2 job! 

• Informative/Useful 2