Peterborough North

great northern

We definitely have a way to go when it comes to the electronic algorithms used by advertisers - the picture shows what RMWeb's advertising selector thinks I might be interested in as screens hotted from the top right corner of this page.

Apart form the odd bit and piece for my motorcycle, I've certainly not been in the market for any of those things, so I do wonder where Andy's tech  boffins get their ideas from....1663402846_Screenshot2020-10-22at09_55_48.png.c991d6551d84c204e0996278b821a061.png

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gilbert

with your headboards, are they Fox etched versions?  I’m thinking of a couple for mid stuff and haven’t found the Sankey Scenics ones particularly convincing, but yours look spot on.

Cheers

Tony

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, trw1089 said:

Hi Gilbert

with your headboards, are they Fox etched versions?  I’m thinking of a couple for mid stuff and haven’t found the Sankey Scenics ones particularly convincing, but yours look spot on.

Cheers

Tony

They are CGW Tony, and many years old. I don't think they are available any more. Some of mine are getting a bit tired, and I'm thinking Fox for replacements.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, great northern said:

Next arrival is a Leicester local, in the hands of a Spital Bridge 4F.

1554943526_34F.JPG.466edd65d64f8910b25849f0be0d0a7a.JPG

It has some rather nice stock behind the tender, so we will have a look at that. As you see, a modern porthole BSK at the front, but after that, three older vehicles, two of which date back to Midland Railway days.

442338131_4LMS1.JPG.aaad2f7d74f0828ba78d586ad2e78f00.JPG513477835_5LMS2.JPG.5ea22476bcc0447fd44462825027e3b5.JPG

A train from a proper railway. :good:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

That implies that the GN/LNER was improper. You may find one or two on here disputing that. 

No, the GNR was not quite as proper as the MR but far more proper than ................(insert your own choice of improper railway).

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

The fault lies with someone called General Incompetence.

I think he's spent short periods working on a lot of the model railways I've seen, but invariably returns to mine...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I fear that Gen. Incompetence has under his command Brigadier Bodger and Lt.Colonel Rushed Job, and they quite frequently attempt to make inroads onto my railway as well.

I find the only way to keep them under control is to have an efficient inspection regime; as in 'would I really want anyone else to see that?' and 'will that work for the next 25 years?'

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1