Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps I should have had separate polls for all the sub classes. Would you like to do that?. This one was close as well, with 12 different locos put forward. Blue Peter won with 4, followed by The Wolf and Tudor Minstrel with 3.

I will split the vote for worst names anyway. Worst name in classes A2/1 and A2/2 please.

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, great northern said:

Perhaps I should have had separate polls for all the sub classes. Would you like to do that?. This one was close as well, with 12 different locos put forward. Blue Peter won with 4, followed by The Wolf and Tudor Minstrel with 3.

I will split the vote for worst names anyway. Worst name in classes A2/1 and A2/2 please.

They’re all good so I abstain from this one.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, great northern said:

Now you've confused me, Gilbert. My 1955 ABC reprint lists two different types of A2, plus A2/1, A2/2 and A2/3. Have I missed something?

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Now you've confused me, Gilbert. My 1955 ABC reprint lists two different types of A2, plus A2/1, A2/2 and A2/3. Have I missed something?

The two types of Peppercorn A2 were single and double chimney, so I think we can put those together.

• Informative/Useful 1

24 minutes ago, Metropolitan H said:

My choice is "Duke of Rothesay". - I've no idea who or what this name refers to?

19 minutes ago, great northern said:

It is Prince Charles's other job.

The new P2 will be built with rotating nameplates that automatically flip over shortly after passing through Berwick station ...

(oops, sorry - should have saved that as a Lirpa Loof)

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

The new P2 will be built with rotating nameplates that automatically flip over shortly after passing through Berwick station ...

(oops, sorry - should have saved that as a Lirpa Loof)

Wot a good idea. Like James Bond's number plates.

Semi-seriously, ever since the PoW project was announced, I've wondered why one of HRH's Scottish courtesy titles wasn't used. "Lord of the Isles" has a nice ring to it too, with the same rhythm/metre as "Cock of the North"...

• Agree 1