Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Lots of different  candidates for the B17 vote, decided, as often happens, by a late night, for most of us anyway, vote from down under. Tottenham Hotspur 3 votes, Gilwell Park and Kimbolton Castle 2 each.

Shall we try D49s?  Shires first, we'll save Hunts till later. This will probably be tribal as well.

• Like 2

Has to be Morayshire for me too. I have trundled up and down Springfield Yard on its footplate many times. I remember very well the preparations for its trip to Shildon in 1975, in the company of CR 419, the NBR saloon, GNSR Royal Saloon and a CR coach. The whole train ran down the ECML at a maximum speed of 40mph, which must have caused havoc with the timetable.  

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, great northern said:

Lots of different  candidates for the B17 vote, decided, as often happens, by a late night, for most of us anyway, vote from down under. Tottenham Hotspur 3 votes, Gilwell Park and Kimbolton Castle 2 each.

Shall we try D49s?  Shires first, we'll save Hunts till later. This will probably be tribal as well.

Yes, tribal seems the way to go here:) 

In the (understandable) absence of a D49 named after the county I'm originally from (the 4-letter one down in the bottom-right of the map, even though the particular bit of it I hail from was subsumed into the teeming metropolis in 1965, 4 months before I appeared...), I'll have to vote for my adopted home of 62702 "Oxfordshire".  My adopted home was actually within 62730 "Berkshire" during the life of the locos and only became part of Oxfordshire in 1974, but I didn't move into the area until 1990, so "Oxfordshire" it is... 

Quite why the LNER felt the need to name locos after such distant counties I'm not sure...

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, great northern said:

Bedfordshire.......no other county should be considered.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1