Peterborough North

great northern

4 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

Goodo! My nomination therefore still stands: 45584 'North West Frontier'

45584.jpg.4b6af48087aebd887293b0cc4d84cc5c.jpg(should really have a late emblem tender)

I’ll go with North West Frontier as it reminds me of the classic Kenneth More / Lauren Bacall film of the same name, escaping from rebels by train across India’s North West Frontier, with I. S. Johal as the engine driver. One of the best train based films.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thegreenhowards said:

I don’t know anything about Jubilees, but I’ve had a look at the list of names and Leviathan was my favourite class 50 so I’ll go with that.

Save that for tomorrow; we're on Jubilee Empire names today!

• RMweb Premium

I don't know much about the LME 3 cylinder Black 5.5s, but the name "Bahamas" seems like a good destination on a miserable day like today!

When you get to GWR Halls / Modified Halls / Courts / Granges / Manors / etc., I'll be able to make a better judgement.

Regards

Chris H

• Like 1

It's high summer in NZ where we are thankfully free of community covid, just like Australia, so I shall have to vote for New Zealand and a vote against Australia because we are always like that...

God Save the Queen  

Edited by robmcg
typo
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Jon4470 said:

Alberta....the last one to be withdrawn (according to Wikipedia)

And Wikipedia wouldn't be wrong on that score.

45562.jpg.24d6518a94df894f052370f663aa35c0.jpg

Here she is in her final guise, as done for Shap 1967. Apparently, the 'Jubilee Preservation Society' (as they were) were after 45562 but it was either tyre or boiler condition which counted against it at the end and 45593 was saved instead.

Did I mention that I like Jubilees? I don't have a model of every one of them though, honest ...

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, great northern said:

Having considered the helpful replies and suggestions, I will separate the Jubilees as suggested into Empire names, which we will deal with today, and the rest, to be dealt with tomorrow. Please feel free to vote again now that I have moved the goalposts.

Still NSW.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, robmcg said:

It's high summer in NZ where we are thankfully free of community covid, just like Australia, so I shall have to vote for New Zealand and a vote against Australia because we are always like that...

God Save the Queen  

Queen Jacinda?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

South Australia, been good to me. I have to see if I can get one for Edgware.

manna

Of course I can only go for South Australia as well and that's the model I have on the LMS part of my layout. It's on a milk train at present.

Andrew

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I overcomplicated this poll, but I think I've accounted for the changes I caused. Lots of suggestions, but strong antipodean influence resulted in New South Wales with 3 votes as the winner, four others with 2.

Right, now to the Admirals, Battles and Warships.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1