Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold

As an ex-gunner I have to go with Clive and 46157 The Royal Artilleryman.

Although my absolute fave is the 1738 class MR 4-4-0 No. 1757 Bertrice. I challenge you to find a prettier named loco than Bertrice. The slim boilered Johnson 4-4-0's were the most aesthetically pleasing locos ever built in my eyes, although the spinners gave them a run for their money! 

Regards Lez. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I just had a vision of the Airfix Scot. OK the VG was a bit shiny, but what a model back then. Mine still works on DC but I probably have not seen it for a few years as it sits in a box of 'old' stuff somewhere in the Loft Dump.

46126 as my late dad served in that Regiment and was involved in the Italian Campaign, picking up the body parts after the US 8th had done their worst. He fell in love with Italy despite the horror.

• Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, jollysmart said:

Personal again, 46109 royal Engineer where my my late father served in East Africa and Burma.

Glad that 46109 is getting a mention. A long time resident of Leeds Holbeck and regularly seen on the Thames-Clyde Express through Carlisle. 

Here she(?!) is, ready for service on Carlisle. This model is 35 years old and actually started out as 6100 in preserved LMS livery (as first seen by me at Butlins, Skegness!). I subsequently acquired a Mainline loco and tender body in BR green - but a really 'horrible too light, pasty colour, hence the heavy weathering.

20210118_144241.jpg

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

Glad that 46109 is getting a mention. A long time resident of Leeds Holbeck and regularly seen on the Thames-Clyde Express through Carlisle. 

Here she(?!) is, ready for service on Carlisle. This model is 35 years old and actually started out as 6100 in preserved LMS livery (as first seen by me at Butlins, Skegness!). I subsequently acquired a Mainline loco and tender body in BR green - but a really 'horrible too light, pasty colour, hence the heavy weathering.

20210118_144241.jpg

Marvellous to see an old Mainline body Scot looking so good,   And any engine which worked the Thames Clyde is a worthy engine in my book, so 46109 for me too.

• Like 2

Scots Guardsmen because I once had the Mainline model and because I rode behind her on the CME in 2017. A marvellous climb of Shap and a great run back via the S&C!

Andrew

Edited by Woodcock29
Typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some smashing names here - Tintagel, Merlin, Excalibur, Maid Of Astolat - but I really have to go for simple Elaine. It was the name of a very decent and capable colleague from more than 30 years ago , who I think then succeeded me when I moved on. The point about her was that on the office wall she had an engineer's drawing of the N15 that bore her name. Not every female employee had that distinction! 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, David Bell said:

I have to go with Elaine. I have been married twice in this life, both called Elaine!

Understandable.
I have a modified Hornby Urie Authur in Malachite Green as Melisande.
I am fiddling with another Hornby Urie Auther for Vivienne, electric lights and all.

• Like 2